News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wilmington, OH 17-18 October, 2020 CCFSA

Started by Longrifleman, October 18, 2020, 10:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longrifleman

WOW!

We need pics to prove it.

Please post and stay tuned.

LRM

ALLLLLLLLLL RIGHT, SHOOTERS!!!!!! LISTEN UP!
That was one seriously good Appleseed, right there!

If everyone had half as much fun as I did we should count this one as double. And heck, considering how productive our unbelievably talented, dedicated, and persistent Redcoat busting group of shooters performed I'm considering dedicating this the greatest Appleseed of all time! At least of the one's I've been to here at the greatest Appleseed range of all time - Clinton County Farmers and Sportsman Association.

I'm not going to lie to ya- these guys cranked out some numbers. 20 shooters took on the Saturday AM Redcoat where Nicholas and Charity cleared theirs out. We braved the chill and got down to business. A couple hours of priceless instruction and a couple hundred rounds of practice later we crushed our first real AQT. Caleb(231), Nate(230), Doug(227) and Michelle(213) all re-qualified in blazing glory! The PM Redcoat tried to mount a charge but Nolan, Nancy and Doug dropped them all (that's 5 cleared.)

Sunday was chilly and wet but that didn't stop the marksmanship from shining through. We woke those pesky Redcoats up with some fine shootin' adding Michael to the list (6) while Doug and Nolan backed theirs up. A serious AQT grind got underway in the afternoon. Caleb was unstoppable posting Rifleman scores on every try. Scotty put up 3 scores. Michelle proved that 10 years old could be veteran Rifleman territory. Nick laid out a respectable few and Nate was consistent all day. Doug wasn't going to let his boys just walk off with the prize (Turns out there was a family challenge that had a serious greenback payout featuring that one beloved non-president founding father. You know the bald one!) He kept up with the pace as well (at least he tried!)

Soon it was time for the new Riflemen to take the stage. Charity claimed the first at 217. Then, one of the best shooters all day stepped up in fine fashion as our buddy Nolan joined the 10-year-old Rifleman club (with his twin sister!) posting a 223. Lucas took the pressure off with a 220. (That made the drive home with Charity a lot more pleasant, I'm certain!) Charlie then stepped up posting a cool 217 and Nancy made us proud with a 211. (Attention Appleseed supply corp- SEND MORE PATCHES...NOW!!!)

But wait....what's that sound???? All the way over there on the far, far northern edge of good 'ole Bay 7. A veritable fixture at the CCFSA Appleseeds was persisting so steadily that he snuck up on us all. After 246 Appleseeds, 7,284,921 rounds and half his lifetime (OK maybe I'm exaggerating) GREG finally did what we all knew he could do. He shot Rifleman with a 212 and then blew us all away by stepping up as the latest Ohio Orange Hat volunteer instructor!

Those Sunday PM Redcoats were shaking in their boots having to face this crew! Only the staples kept them from turning and running away. When the smoke cleared Lucas and Caleb claimed theirs making it 8 shooters clearing at least one (10 cleared total.)

We proudly promoted Redleg to RedHat Instructor and bumped Owl1 and Patriot12 to IIT1 level as well.

All together, CCFSA cranked out SIX new Riflemen, six re-qualifiers (along with 2 instructors re-Q's) and 10 cleared Redcoats. What a weekend!

By the way Nate claimed the family $$$ and lead his brothers to a decisive victory in the team drill on Sunday afternoon- not a bad bunch of shootin'.

A great big heartfelt THANK YOU to CCFSA, all our shooters and a great team of instructors. This could not have happened without ALL of you!

See you next year!!!!!
Do thou Great LIBERTY inspire our Souls- And make our Lives in thy Possession happy- Or, our Deaths glorious in thy just Defense.

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword because the whole body of the people are armed"- Noah Webster A.D.1787

". . . They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons,
that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and
delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings
said: "Stick to the Devil you know."
"The Gods of the Copybook Headings,". Rudyard Kipling A.D.1919

HammBone

I'd call that a winner. I grabbed a few shots that I will post below. So many great things happened:

• Redleg got his Red Hat! (seen doing demo dummy duties in the last picture)
  • Greg (Mr. Persistence - first guy in the firing line picture below) shot the score and took his Orange Hat!
  • Logan (one of the 10 year old wonder twins - pictured below) shot the score and then backed it up!
  • Charity shot the score (pictured below) and then her guy Logan followed closely behind!
  • Nicholas shot the score and re-qualified! (pictured below)
  • I re-qualified and only got three rounds off in Stage 1!(that's my ugly mug below)

Great weather on Saturday but we got some cold and rain on Sunday. But we hardly noticed. The Clinton County Farmers and Sportsman Association came through as usual with the best venue in the state of Ohio. Let freedom ring!
1st Appleseed/Cleared Redcoat/Rifleman: 4/20/2013 - Miamisburg, OH
1st Known Distance Rifleman: 11/3/2018 - New Philadelphia, OH
1st Winterseed Rifleman: 1/26/2019 - Liberty Center, OH
Donned the Red Hat: 6/16/2019 - Wilmington, OH

"Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young." - Anonymous

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper

RedLeg

What. An. Amazing. Event.

Outstanding job goes out to every single shooter on the line and our two IITs who worked on LSO & RSO duties. You all did a fantastic job and I am very much looking forward to seeing you on the line and/or working an event with you in the future.

I will have pics posted this evening.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
We seek not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

"Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present Generation, to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make a good Use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it." - John Adams in a letter to Abigail, 26 April 1777

Double00Buckeye

Great Job Red Leg!!!!  Congrats on the red hat.  It is much deserved and you are a valuable asset to the Appleseed Mission.
1st Appleseed Oct 29-30 2016 (1st Redcoat)
2nd Appleseed Mar 18-19 2017 (1st Rifleman)

starbuck82

Once again I'm so proud of my kids for sticking it out all weekend.  The only person on the range happier than me to see them clearing redcoats and knocking out AQTs was shoot boss.) Thanks again to everyone involved in putting these events together.

vic

Was a great shooting weekend. So may riflemen and red coats cleared!

RedLeg

As promised, here are photos of all the fine shooting that took place this past weekend at Clinton County Farmers and Sportsmen Association.

Nolan clears his first Redcoat

Nancy clears her first Redcoat

Doug clears another Redcoat

Michael clears his first Redcoat

Longrifleman giving some KD instruction during a rain delay

Stage 1 of the AQT

Stage 4 of the AQT

Charity shoots her first Rifleman score

Nolan shoots his first Rifleman score of the weekend

Charlie gets in on the action with his first Rifleman score

Not to be outdone, Lucas earns his patch

Nancy gets the job done and earns her patch

RedLeg very happy with his new hat

Nothing like a little rivalry to get the scores elevated

Shoot Boss getting his Garand on

Longrifleman taking on Stage 2 of the AQT

Shooters "building their nests" on Stage 3 of the AQT

Eric showing good form on Stage 3 of the AQT

Lucas clears the last Redcoat of the weekend

Pocketknife clears his first Redcoat!

The "Wonder Twins" Michelle & Nolan both shoot Rifleman scores

Greg shows that a Rifleman truly does persist and earns his first patch

To the winner go the spoils

The finest group of shooters I've yet had the pleasure of working with

All the newly minted and re-qualified Rifleman of the weekend

Minutes after shooting his Rifleman score, Greg accepts an Orange Hat. HUZZAH!
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
We seek not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

"Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present Generation, to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make a good Use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it." - John Adams in a letter to Abigail, 26 April 1777

Cadence

WOW -what a simply special weekend for all!

Congrats to Redleg for the dedication needed to get the Red Hat  O0 and all those who re-qualified and especially the new patch holders.

I'm sure all of the success this past weekend was in no doubt due to the fine group of instructors (and shoot boss  >:D) at Wilmington.

Hope to get back again sometime in the future.

"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams