News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

KD shoot Big Springs range Grinell IA Oct 10-11

Started by Twineagles, October 14, 2020, 01:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twineagles

This was a first for the Iowa crew, to host a KD. We had 9 shooters and one instructor on the line for our first KD shoot. 4 of our most senior instructors were on hand to make this a success. Out of 10 shooters 6 shot a qualifying score. It was windy but fortunately at our backs. We did have issues with target backers blowing down, which causes a delay when shooting 400 yards. Congratulations to Josh, Mike, DC, Dennis, Chris and Steve for qualifying.

Mike
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

Ames

Iowa's inaugural KD event (!) provided a solid and successful beginning for many more KD events to come!  The weather was amazing.  The range was amazing (Thanks Big Springs Shooting Complex!). The shooters were amazing.  It was really fun to tell stories that typically aren't mentioned at standard Appleseeds:  Kings Mountain, Timothy Murphy, Ethan Allen, etc.  I thoroughly enjoyed instructing at this event and look forward to the next one.  But man, it was also really hard not to be able to fall in on the firing line and shoot at some 400yd 'D' targets!  Great job by all!  We drew folks from Iowa, Illinois, Ohio and Missouri.  When 2021 schedules are set, look for the next KD event in Iowa!

P.S.
A local partridge bonded and hung out with us all weekend long.  Provided some comedic relief.  Named him Kenny (South Park version).

Drfury

6 out of 10 shooters qualified during our first ever KD shoot? HUZZAH!  :F :F :F

I was happy I was able to throw down a mat on the final AQT and shoot my Garand; although I did have to run 400 yards, setup a target, fix target backers, then run another 400 yards just before the first stage (which was stage 4). Huffing and puffing a bit for sure.
Our liberties we prize and our rights we will maintain.