News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Wright City, MO October 10-11, 2020

Started by 209Ken, October 13, 2020, 11:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

209Ken

What a great weekend for an Appleseed event at Bench Rest Rifle Club!

The weather was just right for shooting, the range was in great shape (as usual), and the shooters were ready to learn.

We jumped right in on Saturday learning rock solid positions, the 6 steps, and NPOA. Chazzle sounded like an old pro giving the three strikes during our breaks. As we counted up the final red coat of the day, one shooter cleared and many came very close - a sign of what's to come on Sunday.

Sunday we quickly reviewed what we learned on Saturday, then took a break to be inspired by some Dangerous Old Men stories. By the time we broke for lunch, we had 4 new Riflemen! Bob shot a 221, Dave scored a 212, Scott shot a 219, and Matthew put up a score of 219. Great shooting guys!

Speaking of inspiration, Raquel stepped up as a volunteer by accepting her Blue Hat. Welcome to AppleCore, and thank you for your commitment!

I would like to thank the instructors who volunteered their time this weekend, this couldn't happen without your help. And particularly Tennessee Beast, who drove all the way from Tennessee to help out.

We really had a great bunch of shooters this weekend. Safe, and engaged, they listened, asked questions, and it showed in their groups. Thank you all.

If you have any comments or pictures you would like to post, pleae do. I will post pictures in a day or so.
Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

Tennessee Beast

I really enjoyed working this event!  Raquel (kelevez) and I plan to come back.  Congratulations to our Riflemen!  For those who didn't quite make it, I know you improved...remember that a Rifleman persists.  I want to thank the range staff and instructors for their hospitality and the students for their teachable attitudes.
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Chazzle

You couldn't ask for more perfect weather!  The crew was great, and we had some very energetic and eager to learn students!
Congratulations kelevez for taking the blue hat!

Chazzle
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
~Thomas Paine (1777)

NPOA is a cruel mistress....ignore her, and you'll be sorry! ~Chazzle (2019)

209Ken

Rifleman Matthew

Rifleman Bob

Rifleman Scott

Rifleman Dave

Raquel - Thanks for stepping up!

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

sleepy

Congrats to our new Riflemen!

And kelevez, my heartfelt thanks for stepping up. America needs more people like you to continue as a beacon of liberty.