News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Help Needed Nov 7-8!!

Started by Charley, October 13, 2020, 12:32:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charley

Ohio Cadre-

I was able to secure a new range in Ludlow Falls, just outside Troy Ohio. I already have 6 people signed up! 3 of them are aged 13-15. I know Yankee is going to sign up to help but I definitely need more help. I know there at least 4 shooters, but probably more, to sign up yet. Even one day will help!

Reach out to me if you have any questions about the range.

Charley

Corvette

Come on Ohio AS, let's get Charley some support.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Corvette

Ohio AS,

Charley needs help in a couple of weeks at a new range in Ludlow Falls.  We are up to 9 shooters and she has nobody signed up to help.  We need to get her some support.  This is our first event at this location and we need to make a good impression.  Come on Ohio AS, let's step up to help. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

CountZero

I'm blue hat but I'll be able to come!

I may not be able to do both days but for sure day 1. I'm 80% sure I can attend both days, but I will commit to Saturday for sure. I'm not instructor level, but I am a rifleman and I have the long range rocker patch. I've maintained my skills as much as possible and I'll pitch in with whatever you need.

I'll need to find the address to the event. What's the name of the range in Ludlow Falls?

CountZero

One of these days I'll take up that orange hat.. I'm in the marion mentors program try to help out those who may be foster kids or whose parents divorced, maybe one or both parents were just sent to prison, junk like that. Plus work, 2 kids, silly dog, so doing what I can do :(

I could probably freak out the mentor program organizers if I started training my mentee in the 6 steps to fire a shot! haha! I do introduce them to the book Paul Revere's Ride and sometimes discuss the revolution and forming of the republic. Telling them we used to be British living in America freaks them out! It's fun! Also some think star wars when I mention republic, they always assume we're a democracy, so that's interesting too. Good times!!

Trail Mix

Have you gotten any help yet? We're in Illinois but willing to travel. My husband and I ate both IIT1. Would that be a help to you?

Trail Mix

Are, not ate. I hate auto correct. Makes me look dumb!😁

Corvette

Trail Mix,

Great offer, we could use the help, feel free to sign up if you can make it.  Would love to have some Boarder Raiders come our way. 

Corvette

Corvette

Ohio AS,

Charley is up to 12 shooters and she will need some help.  Let's get it for her. 

Corvette

Charley

Quote from: Trail Mix on October 15, 2020, 10:28:44 PM
Have you gotten any help yet? We're in Illinois but willing to travel. My husband and I ate both IIT1. Would that be a help to you?

Thank you Trail Mix for signing up! I look forward to working with you!

Charley

Quote from: CountZero on October 15, 2020, 08:14:47 PM

I may not be able to do both days but for sure day 1. I'm 80% sure I can attend both days, but I will commit to Saturday for sure. I'm not instructor level, but I am a rifleman and I have the long range rocker patch. I've maintained my skills as much as possible and I'll pitch in with whatever you need.

I'll need to find the address to the event. What's the name of the range in Ludlow Falls?

Thank you for offering to help! I can definitely use your help even if for one day. Sign up on the forum so it can be counted for you.

the address is 7578 Fenner RD, Ludlow Falls, OH 45339, it's a VFW hall.

Charley

Cadre-

This event is almost sold out! There is one spot left as of today! Thank you to the instructors who have signed up, I could still use more help! There are at least 5 kids signed up. Even if it's only one day! Reach out to me if there is anything else you need.

Thank you,
Charley

Corvette

Ohio AS,

Come on, let's get Charley some more support.  The event is sold out and this is a new location for us.  Let's be sure we have a great team to work this event. 

Corvette

CountZero

Quote from: Charley on October 17, 2020, 11:20:28 AM

Thank you for offering to help! I can definitely use your help even if for one day. Sign up on the forum so it can be counted for you.

Great, thanks! See you there

RedLeg

Charley,

Let me make sure my calendar is clear and I'll get back to you in the next day or two.

Regards,
RedLeg
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
We seek not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

"Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present Generation, to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make a good Use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it." - John Adams in a letter to Abigail, 26 April 1777

Charley

Thanks RedLeg! Let me know!

Quote from: RedLeg on October 22, 2020, 12:46:36 AM
Charley,

Let me make sure my calendar is clear and I'll get back to you in the next day or two.

Regards,
RedLeg

Charley

Great! Thanks!

Quote from: CountZero on October 19, 2020, 09:56:17 PM
Quote from: Charley on October 17, 2020, 11:20:28 AM

Great, thanks! See you there

Tyrus Rechs

Will you take a border jumper from WV? I'm a new IIT0 but would love to help out!
Rifleman - 227 - Kearneysville WV - Oct 2020
Orange Hat - IIT1 - Kearneysville WV - April 2021

You should'a seen us. It was a great country. Ain't about that anymore. Now it's about the weak... and the strong. The good...and the evil. You're on that line. You ARE...that line.

Protect the rest. The weak...from the evil that's like...always like...a wolf. Wolves at the door.

-the Hundred

Charley

Absolutely! Border Raiders are always welcome!

Quote from: Tyrus Rechs on October 24, 2020, 03:35:51 PM
Will you take a border jumper from WV? I'm a new IIT0 but would love to help out!

Tyrus Rechs

Signed up. See ya'll there.  ;D
Rifleman - 227 - Kearneysville WV - Oct 2020
Orange Hat - IIT1 - Kearneysville WV - April 2021

You should'a seen us. It was a great country. Ain't about that anymore. Now it's about the weak... and the strong. The good...and the evil. You're on that line. You ARE...that line.

Protect the rest. The weak...from the evil that's like...always like...a wolf. Wolves at the door.

-the Hundred

RedLeg

Charley,

Unfortunately, I do have a conflict and am heading out of town that week so will be unable to assist. Look forward to working with you in the future!

Regards,
RedLeg
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
We seek not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

"Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present Generation, to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make a good Use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it." - John Adams in a letter to Abigail, 26 April 1777

Cactus Jack

Charley
Is there any lodging on site?
1st Appleseed  7/17  Carroll
2nd Appleseed 10/17  Newark
3rd Appleseed  7/18  Newark
Cleared Redcoat 7/18 Newark
Rifleman 7/18 (215)  Newark

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Benjamin Franklin

Charley

Thanks for the update Redleg. See you on the trail!

Charley

Quote from: RedLeg on October 27, 2020, 09:58:23 AM
Charley,

Unfortunately, I do have a conflict and am heading out of town that week so will be unable to assist. Look forward to working with you in the future!

Regards,
RedLeg

Charley

CactusJack,

There is tent camping on site for $10 per day. Unfortunately we cannot use the building.

Charley

Quote from: Cactus Jack on October 27, 2020, 04:40:37 PM
Charley
Is there any lodging on site?

Jingo

The Dangerous Old Lady and myself are newly minted IITs and are willing to help out.
"You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve YOUR freedom. I hope you will make a good use of it."

John Adams

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."

Thomas Paine

Charley

Sounds good. Thanks for stepping up! Look forward to working with you!

Charley

CountZero

Hey guys sorry I didn't make it. I got pretty sick few days after the election. Was such wonderful weather, horrible timing. Back to winter and I'm feeling better. Figures!

Cadence

Joe,
In this climate, discretion is the better part of valor.

A presence at the snowflake shoot on Saturday at Camp Perry will make you feel a lot better!  >:D

Hope to see you there!
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

CountZero

haha

I'd love to do it, always working though. I got a few things cooking so depends how much progress I make today and tomorrow. Would love a second try in a lane where all of the targets are working!