News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Jonesboro, IN October 10-11, 2020

Started by SteelThunder, October 12, 2020, 08:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteelThunder

Holy cow...what a weekend.  It was an absolute pleasure to host such an enthusiastic group as we had at Jonesboro, IN at the Deer Creek Conservation Club.  With 9 families and 32 shooters (21 of which were under the age of 18) I don't thing I've seen a more enthusiastic group in...well, forever.  And the fact that the kids were still running to the target line after the last Redcoat on Sunday afternoon attests that they were having fun.

I won't be able to mention everyone's name but thank you all for coming.  Even though we didn't get as far along in the course of fire as we usually do (typically we'll shoot at least 5-6 AQTs), I think everyone really showed fantastic improvement in marksmanship skills as well as a greater appreciation for what our forefathers crafted for us in this great experiment called America. 

Congrats to those that are getting close to a rifleman score -- including Jackson, Ethan and Everest, as well as Joe rockin' the boltie.

I hope you all come back again as a group...look at the national schedule for dates and consider grabbing a 2021 date at Jonesboro.  I know the club would love to have you back.

:pics:

SteelThunder aka Kris Rich
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

T. WOLF

What a fantastic group of shooters!  It was an honor to come down from Michigan and work with all of you.  Thank you for being so attentive during our instruction and history.  I was really impressed by the level of energy all weekend, and it was rewarding to watch when a point of instruction 'clicked' and your shooting improved. The road to a Rifleman patch take patience, practice, and commitment - but a Rifleman persists!  Best of luck to each of you, and I hope to see you back on the range at a future event!  Special thanks to Deer Creek for being so accommodating to us - you have a beautiful club down there.

:F

Click Here for Photos!
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

Fidget

Great group of shooters there was lots of development and fun! It was great fun for the whole family!

Two of the older boys (Matthew & Ethan) were a great sport teaming up they were out gunned and out manned with only 30 bullets agaist our 8 designated marksmen (young shooters on sand bags) that had 80 bullets. The designated marksmen showed what they were made of and cleared the dueling tree and all got prizes.

One of the 9 year old desinated marksmen (Daniel) had the highest scoring AQT of the event, with the determination shown he is on his way to rifleman!

Maevy you were rocking that tube fed! Avryn great job! It was great having you at the event!

The youngest shooter at 6 years old started on sand bags and by the end of event was off the sand bags supporting the rifle himself! He did an awesome job for two full days! (His Dad was there to assist the whole time.)

Most of the older kids and adults had great scores for two AQTs, keep up the good work and we will see you score rifleman!

Thank you everyone for a wonderful weekend!
Most of my books are here: https://www.librarycat.org/lib/bflysmile

Cadence

Although this might have been the lowest AQT count event I have been at, it was also one of the most rewarding.

The enthusiasm of the young shooters (our posterity) definitely spread throughout the entire line during the entire weekend. The sight of young shooters running downrange to see their results for the Sunday afternoon redcoat gives me hope for the future of our mission.

Thanks to the Deer Creek Conservation Club of Grant County for not only hosting the event but also allowing the instructors to use the club house for glamping.

It was good to see some familiar faces of the Appleseed Cadre from the state up North as well as the new instructors I had not worked with previously. It was a pleasure working with all of you.

Attached is the only photo I took of the weekend.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams