News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Monticello, MN October 10-11, 2020

Started by Taylor, October 12, 2020, 12:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

A wonderful Appleseed weekend was had by all at Monticello Sportsmen club!

All of our students came with a teachable attitude and the instruction was spot on. The results speak for themselves...8 Riflemen out of 16 students and at least 3 more scoring in the low 200s or high 180s.

Congratulations new Riflemen Danny 234, Kevin 221 with a bolt, Dan 213 and Muna 211.

Requalifying were Letty 238 with a perfect Stage 4 score, Syed 229, Marty 220 and Adam 216.

Knocking on the Rifleman door were Joe 201, Forrest 188 and Sergey 188 (once he finally allowed us to convince him to use his sling  ;)).

Three of our students stepped up and took an Orange Hat! Thank you Adam, Marty and Muna! You will all be key personnel in rebuilding the Minnesota program!  :bow:

Thank you to our host the Monticello Sportsmen Club for their hospitality and the use of their outstanding facility!  O0

Last but certainly not least, thank you Instructors Trig, Schweddy B., attist178, ProudPapa14 and TheDestroyer! You guys made this event the success that it was!  O0

Pictures following...
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Taylor

More pics...
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Theokestral

Quote from: Taylor on October 12, 2020, 12:30:18 PM
The results speak for themselves...8 Riflemen out of 16 students...

Three of our students stepped up and took an Orange Hat!

Fantastic!

Taylor

Last of my pics...

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

ProudPapa14

Thank you Taylor for coming over to SB the event.  We were blessed with a great group of students and instructors, and great October weather. 

The Monticello Sportsmen Club looks forward to hosting future events at the club.

Hand Cannon

This was a fun event. Thanks to Taylor, Trig, and all the orange hats for hosting an amazing event.

muna_mermaid

I scored rifleman today, with this being my third Appleseed. This is Muna! I would like to be registered along with hand_cannon as an IIT if possible. Thank you for the wonderful event!!!!

22Salty

This is Kevin. It really speaks to the quality of instruction - I came in having not fired a rifle in 24 years and came away with a Rifleman patch. Thanks to all of you for making this an educational and fun experience.
Formerly known as DJ Liber-T
First Appleseed: Oct 10, Monticello, MN
Re-qualify Rifleman: April 25, 2021, Monticello, MN
Ambidextrous Rifleman: Oct 10, 2021, River Falls, WI
First Instructor Bootcamp: Apr 2022, Monticello, MN
Red Hat: June 5, 2022

Trig

Thanks to Monticello Sportsman club for their gracious hospitality, Taylor for the leadership, all the attendees for having teachable attitudes, all the new Orange hats for stepping up, all the old Orange hats for all the work and DJ Liber-T for the donuts.

I'm sure i will see many of you on the trail! Thank you all for a great weekend!

Congratulations to the new riflemen and Women!

Your journey doesn't have to end at 210!
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

Taylor

Thank you all for the kind words. Don't forget to 7th Step. You are Appleseed's best advertising. We are working on getting you on the IIT roster muna and Hand Cannon.
And, yes, thank you Kevin for the doughnuts!  O0 Wishing your wife a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Tru5a1nT

First of. DJ Liber-T in the house! Marty here :D thank you guys so much for accepting me as an orange hat. Looking forward to helping to grow the Minnesota program with the awesome group we have. Hopefully some of my YouTube channel knowledge will also help to reach out to others. Always wonderful to see you guys and looking forward to our possible Winterseed (Proud papa, looking at you)
First Appleseed: Duluth, MN. 07/20/19
Rifleman: Monticello, MN. 08/25/19

Taylor

Need a link to your YouTube channels Marty.

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

22Salty

I really hope we get to do a winterseed. I also hope we can someday figure out how to do an event down in the Mankato area. That would be awesome!
Formerly known as DJ Liber-T
First Appleseed: Oct 10, Monticello, MN
Re-qualify Rifleman: April 25, 2021, Monticello, MN
Ambidextrous Rifleman: Oct 10, 2021, River Falls, WI
First Instructor Bootcamp: Apr 2022, Monticello, MN
Red Hat: June 5, 2022

TinfoilHat

I had a great time. Awesome facility. Great instruction. Etc...

Thanks to everyone who puts these events together. It's a great time.

---------------------------

I've got a bit of a help request. I need advice for a 10/22 build.

My old farmgun's true purpose is to keep raccoons out of the chicken coop. It's a bit of a hassle at an Appleseed. I'm convinced I'd break Rifleman with slightly better equipment. (Especially since I've had various reliability issues.)

I've decided to order a stock with an adjustable cheek riser (Boyds At-One). The pipe insulation I was using looked like a prop from a zombie movie.

When I order the stock I need to specify barrel dimensions. I realized there's no reason I can't get a new barrel while I'm at it. A better barrel couldn't hurt?

From there I figure there's only so many parts on a 10/22 so why not just build whatever I want?

I'm fretting over this part versus that part and I'm sure most instructors know this stuff very well. I'd appreciate any and all advice.

If it wasn't 2020 I'd buy y'all a beer and listen to what you've got to say about parts options. In light of social distancing in 2020, if anyone wants to help me pick stuff out with a few emails or whatnot I'd be very grateful. In particular I'm fuzzy on the word parallax and how to picking out a suitable scope.

I'm motivated. I want a Rifleman patch next spring!

Taylor

Quote from: TinfoilHat on October 16, 2020, 12:40:19 PM
I had a great time. Awesome facility. Great instruction. Etc...

Thanks to everyone who puts these events together. It's a great time.

---------------------------

I've got a bit of a help request. I need advice for a 10/22 build.

My old farmgun's true purpose is to keep raccoons out of the chicken coop. It's a bit of a hassle at an Appleseed. I'm convinced I'd break Rifleman with slightly better equipment. (Especially since I've had various reliability issues.)

I've decided to order a stock with an adjustable cheek riser (Boyds At-One). The pipe insulation I was using looked like a prop from a zombie movie.

When I order the stock I need to specify barrel dimensions. I realized there's no reason I can't get a new barrel while I'm at it. A better barrel couldn't hurt?

From there I figure there's only so many parts on a 10/22 so why not just build whatever I want?

I'm fretting over this part versus that part and I'm sure most instructors know this stuff very well. I'd appreciate any and all advice.

If it wasn't 2020 I'd buy y'all a beer and listen to what you've got to say about parts options. In light of social distancing in 2020, if anyone wants to help me pick stuff out with a few emails or whatnot I'd be very grateful. In particular I'm fuzzy on the word parallax and how to picking out a suitable scope.

I'm motivated. I want a Rifleman patch next spring!

With all due respect, don't fret on equipment. Work on your steady hold factors, finding your NPOA, getting it on target and getting your shot off utilizing the 6 Steps. Use your text pamphlet that you received as a primer. Basic blocking and tackling applied on a consistent basis. Woody Hayes football. Trust me, this will get you your Rifleman patch and I hope I'm lucky enough to present it to you, Mike!

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Tru5a1nT

Taylor,

Here is a link to the current Stuff Lab YouTube page https://www.youtube.com/stufflab this one does not have any guns in it  :snipersmi (gotta keep it family friendly for the monetization overlords).  Please let me know how to get fully registered as an IIT, we have a printer now and my wife let me on the computer (hopefully I don't brake it) Most of what I do is via text and Email. So let me know what is most easy for you guys up the line.  Hoping to see y'all again soon!

-Marty
First Appleseed: Duluth, MN. 07/20/19
Rifleman: Monticello, MN. 08/25/19

Taylor

Quote from: Tru5a1nT on October 18, 2020, 08:56:58 PM
Taylor,

Here is a link to the current Stuff Lab YouTube page https://www.youtube.com/stufflab this one does not have any guns in it  :snipersmi (gotta keep it family friendly for the monetization overlords).  Please let me know how to get fully registered as an IIT, we have a printer now and my wife let me on the computer (hopefully I don't brake it) Most of what I do is via text and Email. So let me know what is most easy for you guys up the line.  Hoping to see y'all again soon!

-Marty

Marty-I sent you a PM. Please check your inbox.

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison