News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Palmerton, PA October 10-11, 2020

Started by Chainsaw, October 11, 2020, 10:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chainsaw

Palmerton PA - AAR - Oct 10-11 2020

We had an excellent weekend at Palmerton Rod & Gun Club here in the Commonwealth of PA. 

Twenty-four students from three states, of all ages, backgrounds and abilities joined us Saturday morning.

We were blessed with absolutely perfect autumn shooting weather.  Hurricane Delta decided to slow her roll and wait an extra day, thank you.

The instructor crew of Red Coat Rival, JesseO, and myself were aided by "still has that new Blue Hat Smell," blue hat/rso Cannibal and IIT resodad, who THOUGHT he'd be having a lovely weekend shooting with his family....  but immediately stepped up to help when he saw the shorthandedness of our situation.

Joe G and Rae M earned the two Rifleman patches of the weekend.  Joe demonstrated exactly how a Rifleman runs a bolt and Rae's AR was certainly singin'!  RAE, YOUR ORANGE HAT WILL BE FORETHCOMING.   John R and Chris P, repeated, good job keeping those skills sharp gentlmen.

Domari Nolo patches were awarded to Chris P and Issac R... and Kaiden R.

Now, let me tell you about Kaiden...  First, get's the most improved award, FOR SURE.  Second, is awarded the William Diamond Patch, 'cause he's thirteen.  Third, was shooting his birthday present 10/22 at his birthday present Appleseed. (well that one's more about his dad Chris, father-of-the-year nominee for sure)

Until next time Patriots.

In Liberty,

Chainsaw
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

AnthonyC

I would like to thank all the organizers and instructors at Columbus Day weekend Appleseed.  Everyone was exceeding helpful and professional.  As a rifle neophyte this was the perfect way to learn the fundamentals of riflery and marksman.  I only wish I had done an Appleseed earlier (younger ;) )