News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Finleyville, PA October 10-11, 2020

Started by EZ3, October 11, 2020, 09:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ3

Well, the first-ever Project Appleseed event at Mingo Rod & Gun Club is in the books, and it was an unqualified success!  This is a great range south of Pittsburgh, and the Club is in the process of a major upgrade to the ranges.  The facilities are great and the Club officers were very accommodating in scheduling, setting up and running the event.  We're definitely hoping to schedule here again in the future!

The weather cooperated, with the overcast threatening rain all weekend but holding off until mid-afternoon Sunday.  Seven intrepid Americans came out to share in some marksmanship and heritage instruction on the newly refurbished rifle range.  Results were good, with three of the seven shooting to Rifleman standard; Brandon with a 233, Clay with a 214 and Mike with a 211.  The last three AQTs of the weekend were conducted in a light drizzle, with Clay qualifying on the ninth and final AQT of the day.  A Rifleman persists!  Then he cleared the PM Redcoat target, earning his 1st PA Rifles patch in addition to the Rifleman creds.  Obviously he had hit his stride!

Thanks to Mingo Rod & Gun Club for being such great hosts, and hopefully we can do it again next year!
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Corvette

Welcome to the Mingo Rod and Gun Club.  Glad the first event went well.  We look forward to making this location a key range for the PA team.  Well done EZ3, looks like it was a great event.  Huzzah!!!

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

bkreese

A truly outstanding weekend of rifleman skills-learning and patriotic fervor delivered in Finleyville!  It's difficult to express in words, but there is amazing synergy when you combine stories of the brave revolutionaries, and the holistic teachings of enlightened rifle marksmanship a la sling.  The two gentlemen who led this class (Lee and Chuck) are extremely knowledgeable with superior patience and pervasive safety conscientiousness.  They took seven men (and one very young man) with varying skills, equipment, and knowledge and formed a comfortable/safe learning/practice environment that lifted each individual spiritually (pride in our revolutionary heritage) and skillfully (everyone got progressively better).  The few frustrations arising from imperfect shots were drowned out with good talks, laughs, and an overwhelming sense of pride and purpose.  Yes, we are some people improving our rifle skills and historical knowledge, but more importantly, we are part of something much larger - that's Project Appleseed!  Thank you Lee and Chuck - Your time this weekend was spent on something very important.

Charles McKinley

Thank you to Mingo Rod and Gun and all the attendees!  It was a great weekend.  You all were very safe and stayed focused through the challenges of the weekend.

I look forward to seeing all of you further down the trail!
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Ckf102

Gentlemen and fellow Patriots,

I just wanted to again, express my sincere thanks for your time, knowledge, and patience.  This weekend was mentally tiring, but I learned a ton.  The history mixed in with the instruction was awesome.  The instruction was outstanding, this is a course that is worth every penny and every minute spent.

I do want to give a special thanks to Chuck who helped me figure out my scope/rifle was malfunctioning and let me use his rifle to qualify on Sunday.  I honestly never shot better than I did this weekend.  I gained a ton of confidence and realize that I can accomplish the goal of the Rifleman standard.

Lee was patient and worked with us and was a great leader throughout the weekend.  He was someone who made the history lessons come alive.

It was a relief to finally qualify on the last AQT and once I did that, the redcoat target was done in riflemans cadence.  Hitting shot #13 on the redcoat test capped a great weekend.  Earning the Rifleman's patch was great, but also earning my state's patch was awesome.

This was a great weekend and a great class.  Again, my thanks to Chuck and Lee for all they did.  This is a great program, I hope more people take advantage of this!

This was a great course, I learned a lot about our history and marksmanship.  I look forward to being a part of the Appleseed community!

Charles McKinley

WHAT?!?  No picture of the PINK rifle!!!!! ;D **) **)

:pics:
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Ckf102

Ask and ye shall receive.....just remember 2 things.....
1) it was October, so it was breast cancer awareness month....So we'll go with that.
2) I did Uphold the honor of the pink rifle.
;D
:F