News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Reno appleseed is on!!!

Started by Joe, February 24, 2009, 04:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

There will be 3 Reno Appleseeds this year.

May 23-24

July 25-26

Sept. 26-27

All will be held at the Washoe County Shooting Facility. ie Palomino Valley Range.

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/291310317

More info here

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=5878.0

James E

The event announcement says no camping on site.  Is there decent camping nearby?  I would think about driving up from the SF Bay Area to IIT if there is.

Also, the local Boots On The Ground should think about getting the email lists from both of the prior Fallon shoots, and the Sacramento shoots.  The April 19 Sacto shoot already has 35 preregistered, the January shoot had more than 80 shooters, lots of demand in the area.

James E

Joe

James

South, east, & west of the range is all private land. A bit north of the range is the Pyramid Lake indian reservation. In between is a small slice of blm land. Mostly montainous unmaintained jeep trails. One can camp at Pyramid lake IF you want to pay the fees, but no guns allowed on the reservation. The tribe is big time serious about this as in "felony". About 1/4 mi north of the range is an old state hiway sand/gravel pit. People coming to matches have quietly camped there in the past, but there is absolutely no guarantee that you will be able get in to camp there or if you do don't get run out.

Sorry

Joe

arashi

Quote from: James E on February 26, 2009, 08:28:02 PM
The event announcement says no camping on site.  Is there decent camping nearby? 

There is plenty of unimproved BLM owned desert canyons just north of the range.  It is free for the taking.  If you need directions or further info, just PM me.

James E

Thanks John,  I'll talk talk to you about the camping opportunities during the Fallon shoot.  Looking forward to it.

James E

WarHall

I will also be camping out there, just for the fun of it. I know some folks that own land out there, I might talk to them if you're queasy about dry camping in our desert. Personally, I shoot out past the range occasionally where I will be camping. It's about 2 minutes from the range turnoff. The area is quite pretty if you like it as I do. I have seen antelope out there in the past, and there is sure to be coyotes lurking around and (possibly some wild horses.)