News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waco, TX AAR - September 19-20, 2020

Started by WhitePaladin, September 21, 2020, 11:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhitePaladin

Another great shoot at Waco TX for the books.  We had 23 students come out to learn marksmanship and american history.  This group was fantastic!  Attentive and eager to learn. 

We had several new riflemen:

* Eric scored Rifleman on his first ever event.  He went on to shoot a 233 with a scope later in the day, almost netting him a distinguished.  Having only pistol experience and no rifle experience, we were floored by his amazing progress.

* Austin, one of our youth shooters, shot Rifleman on his very first event.  Wow, that boy can shoot!  A few of the adults were commenting that this kid was putting them to shame.  He was nailing target after target, with nice tight one inch groups.

* Kelly broke out her secret sauce and shot Rifleman yet again!  Put her up in a balcony somewhere, and she'll do just fine against those redcoats.  If the colonists had her in 1775, I don't think they would have even made it back to Boston. 

Overall, an outstanding shoot!  Great, eager, and attentive students!  I could not have asked for better.

BillJac

Great shoot all around.  Awesome weather.  And that SBIT did a great job too.
You aren't pro 2A if you only want guns for people who look and think like you.

AF5US

Great job at this event, WhitePaladin - I particularly enjoyed your benedictions.
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleerâ„¢:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

scuzzy

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.