News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Kingston, MI AAR - August 29-30, 2020

Started by ITB, September 01, 2020, 01:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITB

What a wonderful group of folks with which to share a weekend!  We had 39 shooters on the line, and much fun was had by all!

Congratulations to our newest Riflemen - Mike, Brian, Dave, Christopher and Traver.   Huzzah!
And we had two more Riflemen requalify - Toby and Luke.
We had many shooters in the high 100s knocking on the door.  Remember, first and foremost, a Rifleman is persistent.

Saturday started off a little icky - cool and rainy.  But, as usual, the Shoot Boss pulled out his anti-rain Appleseed poncho, and the precipitation hastily ceased.  Stark was doing his Intructor PRogress Check, so he did all the points of instruction on Saturday.  The students were eager and attentive, and things progressed well and allowed us to knock two AQTs out Saturday afternoon.

Sunday was just flat-out a beautiful day.  Sunny, low 70s.  We started with a half crew, with the other half arriving around 10ish after attending church.  Stark was presented with the Red Hat (another Huzzah!), after which we christened his now-obsolete Orange Hat with about 350 rounds.

Sunday afternoon brought the AQT grind, as well as a Parker's Revenge fun shoot.  We wound down with the Sunday afternoon Red Coat where 17 shooters (60%) hit the Morgan's Shingle!

Lastly, many thanks to our awesome Instructor corps - SteelThunder, mrsurplus, SuperTrooper, Stark, Pookie, TL, Farm Girl and Th1rt3en.  My job is easy with such an experienced, dedicated and professional crew.

Thanks to all the shooters for coming out and being safe.  I hope everyone enjoyed themselves, and I look forward to seeing you again on our lines.  Please post up with any and all comments, concerns, criticisms, or pictures!

On with some pictures....

A good omen?

Stark doing the Saturday morning safety briefing

Stark teaching prone in the lingering Saturday morning rain..

Stark teaching 6 steps

Stark teaching IMC..I'm seeing a trend here... >:D

Shooting an AQT...

Rangerat67 telling the Third Strike

Master Instructor doing Master Instructor pose

SteelThunder doing the seated recap Sunday morning

Pookie doing an AQT rockin' a Garand.  Big boom stick!

SteelThunder teaching KD

A properly-retired Orange Hat

Your instructor crew for Sunday - Th1rt3en, SuperTrooper (rear), TL (front), Stark, ITB, SteelThunder, rangerat67.  Not pictured - mrsurplus, Pookie

"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Stark

Woohoo! What a beautiful weekend to be out punching paper (and hat) and celebrating our heritage with a great group of shooters  :F  :snipersmi

:pics:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/f4d3Jn4UmBV1sHce8
Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.
- Gen. John Stark

Super Trooper

This is the one shoot I look forward to most every year.  Excellent people, great club, and a hot lunch is always a plus.  So many new rifleman, congratulations to you all, and there was great improvement across the line.  Lets try and make the shoot boss run out of patches next year ^:)^.

Sorry I was only able to be there Sunday, I'll try and do better next year.
The hardest distance to shoot is the six inches between your ears.  It gets easier when you get out of your own way.  Self doubt and negative self talk have no place on the firing line. 
Once a shot is gone... good or bad, it is gone.   Focus on the next one. Make forty good first shots.

Atariman

Hi guys.  This was my first Appleseed event and I honestly think it was the most fun I have had with a rifle.  I brought my brother and my dad and I think they had a lot of fun too.   I did get my rifleman's patch so the training provided works perfectly.   I learned a lot and have never used a sling in this way before.  I really enjoyed learning all the shooting positions and now have to buy more GI Web slings for all my rifles.   The history lessons are great too!  I think this is a great program and I will be attending more of these in the future (and I will bring my daughter next time).    I am a better marksman after attending this event. 

Pros:
-Safety is #1.  This was repeated throughout the program. 
-Instructors were professional and very helpful.
-I like how loaner rifles, tools, and slings are available.  This is really nice
-Training is excellent.  Everything is explained and demonstrated.  They even give you personal training if you're struggling.  They review everything again the 2nd day. 
-History lessons were very interesting.   I liked how everyone took a turn telling a different part of the story.  Everyone did a nice job! 
-The food was great! 

Cons:
-Some of the history lessons were hard to hear.  I understand some voices carry better than others.  I had no trouble hearing the firing line commands. 

That's it.   I appreciate all the time everyone put into this and I look forward to the next event! 

ThreadNLead "TL"

Sorry I'm so late to posting! (Been a busy couple of weeks!)
First a special shoutout and thank you to all the students who came! AND for feeding me!! I LOVE this group of shooters! I was at this shoot last year and have such a great time and I love seeing familiar faces! Can't wait for next year! In the mean time, here are some pictures!

CONGRATULATIONS to all our Riflemen, repeats and new!

GREAT BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO STARK ON EARNING HIS RED HAT!!!!!!!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  - Benjamin Franklin
"Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood." -John Adams
Super Trooper, forever in my heart.
First Patch: (was a) KD 10/27/18
Winterseed Patch: 11/11/18
Orange Hat: 11/11/18
"InfernoSeed": 7/20/19
Red Hat: 4/18/21
KD: 11/26/23
Morgan's Shingle/Star (prone and standing): 11/26/23