News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

M1917 and 1903A3 for sale - Both SOLD

Started by hogfamily, August 30, 2020, 09:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfamily

In my quest for a 1903 I recently went to Anniston Alabama and the CMP South Store and TMP Store.

In addition to a 1903 I purchased an Eddystone M1917 and a Smith Corona M1903A3. (I already have one of each)

I know that it is difficult, (and expensive),  for Alaska folks to get to AL and the CMP stores and quality bolt action WW1 and WW2 rifles are hard to find in AK I am making both available to AK Appleseed folks before I put them on consignment at GNG.

For AK AS folks I am only asking just a little over what I paid for them.

Most all bolt action rifles that the CMP is currently selling are from Veteran organizations that the CMP had loaned the rifles to for parades and Veteran funeral salutes. The rifles have been returned to the CMP in trade for M1 Garands or the Veteran orgs. no longer have a use for rifles.

The CMP has a very limited supply of these bolt guns. Once they are sold it is very unlikely there will be many more. (Unless an unknown supply is discovered somewhere. very unlikely).

The rifles have been inspected by CMP armors and are 100% functional and safe to shoot. Three of my boys and I have shot them and they functioned flawlessly. Even with my poor eyes I rang the 20"X20" steel at 200yds every shot at the USSA range.

I picked out the rifles with the assistance of Mr. John Beard. He re-inspected the rifles and gave his approval. Mr. Beard is THE WW1 / WW2 era bolt action rifle expert. He is a volunteer bolt action armorer for the CMP.

They are in great condition. Prior to shooting I cleaned the rifles removing all the Cosmoline and old grease / oil. I then properly oiled and greased the rifles. The stocks were coated with a shiny finish and I gently removed the finish and gunk and refinished the stocks with 3 coats of hand rubbed 100% Tung oil. The stocks are now as they would have been when the rifles were issued to soldiers.

Both rifles are 30.06.

Each has a CMP hard case included.

SOLD
Eddystone M1917, (CMP Service Grade), manufactured in 1918. A few minor parts are not Eddystone. This rifle may have seen action in WW1.    $800.00

SOLD
[/size][/i][/b]Smith Corona M1903A3, (CMP Field Grade), manufactured in 1943? Possibility '44. A few minor parts are not SC. This rifle may have seen action in WW2.   $750

The tag says dark bore. With a couple dozen passes with a bore brush and patches it is now a bright bore.

If interested in either or both please send me a PM.
They will be going to GNG on consignment in about a week
Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

Oldmikey

"Great things have been affected by a few men well conducted"George Rogers Clark

" to old to run"

Taka222

Good lord I need some spending cash right about now
PREPAREDNESS - "When you need it and don't have it, you will sing a different tune." Burt Gummer

hogfamily

For all of you that inquired by PM, (OK, it was only one),  if I found my M1903.

Yes, yes I did.

Here is a link to a post I did about it on the CMP forums.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=268412
Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

Gus

Nice looking rifles.  I'd like to get to Anniston myself someday.

I once had a 1917 (a Remington). It had been sporterized by someone who knew a thing or two. Still in 30-06 it had a fajen stock and shilen barrel. It'd cut clover leafs at 100 yards.

Sold it off when I needed cash.  Wish I had it back.

Gus
"Mental notes aren't worth the paper they're written on" - Mark Twain

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen" - Jeff Cooper