News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Houghton Lake, MI AAR August 21 & 22, 2020

Started by D.O.M., August 25, 2020, 06:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.O.M.

Another great event at Houghton Lake Sportsman's Club!  :F Thanks for being such a good friend to Project Appleseed for so many years!

The weather cooperated with us this year, with only a sprinkle on Sunday (though it thunder-stormed just prior to the safety briefing)

It *was* hot though! We took lots of breaks for water and snacks and History to cool off as much as we could.

All the students did very well, including a new rifle shooter. Congratulations on your patch, Dave. It was great having you and Noah on the line. Thanks for making the trip all the way from Indiana to see us!
Thanks to Adam and Christine for coming south of the bridge (all the way from Sault Ste. Marie) to share the line with us.
Karl made the journey from Kalamazoo and Corn Husker made the trip from Midland, MI.
Dave, it was good to have a neighbor on the line! I hope to see more "Up North Michiganians" on the lines in the future!

Post up your pics here for all to enjoy!
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

T. WOLF

It was great to finally get up to Houghton Lake for an event!  I'm glad we escaped a rainout on Sunday - but, man - it was warm!  Thank you to the club for hosting us - I look forward to coming back.

Shooters - you were a fantastic group, and it was a pleasure working with all of you! 

Adam & Christine - you both did a great job, and I admire your perseverance.  If you can find some time at home to practice your transitions and NPOA, I think it will pay off for you.

Dave - excellent shooting, and congratulations on your Rifelman patch.  Noah - you are a trooper, bud - hope to see both of you back on the line at a future event.

Karl - my hats off to you for committing to those Ruger stock sights all weekend.  Those aren't easy to work with!  I would love to see you run an AQT with some upgraded sights or a scope - I believe you may discover those ruger sights were holding you back a little

David - way to tough it out, sir.  It was great meeting you and I enjoyed having your company at the campsite.  I'm sure we'll cross paths again.

Conner - always a pleasure to have you on the firing line, bud!  It's been nice to watch your marksmanship skills progressing - I look forward to what the future brings.

Rich - I know you are chasing that Distinguished patch... It will come!

Here's a link to some photos

:F
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

kffunk99

Thank you Houghton Lake Sportsmen's Club, my instructors and fellow shooters for an awesome weekend. T. Wolf, I fully intend on following your advice, this was my third event and will schedule a fourth next year.