News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR- Wauseon, OH Aug 22-23, 2020

Started by Charley, August 24, 2020, 08:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charley

What a great first event at Fulton County Sportsman Club!

We had 3 men that braved the hot weather with us to partake in instruction and heritage. The heat and humidity did not stop these men. Saturday brought our usual instruction with the 3 strikes being presented. We ended the day with an AQT and dramatic improvement in our groups and positions.

Sunday brought more heat and humidity but did not stop our shooters from returning. Sunday also brought 2 returning youth attempting to earn the Rifleman patch. Instructors were able to get in some AQT's and re-qualify. We ended the day completing 6 AQT's and patching 1 new Rifleman!

The last AQT of the weekend brought Jacob his rifleman patch with a score of 213! Jacob is the son of instructor Topper, it was proud dad moment for sure!

We had 2 special presentations this weekend as Third Degree was worked hard all weekend and earned his Red Hat. Third Degree also earned his 25 shoot pin as he has worked 25 as an instructor.

Congratulations to Third Degree and Jacob! Congratulations to Yankee, Topper, Headhunter for re-qualifying this weekend.

Huge thanks to little buddy, yankee, Third Degree, headhunter, topper, and Bailey for coming out this weekend! Thank you to our participants for braving the weekend with us! And, last but not least, many thanks to Fulton County Sportsman Club for graciously hosting us this weekend! We look forward to future events at the club.

Third Degree

Many thanks for Charlie, the other volunteers and shooters allowing me to dominate the conversation this weekend!

Thank you to everyone who encouraged my advancement.

See you on the trail.

Third Degree

Also, a big thank you to the Fulton County Sportsman's Club.

I am from Fulton County and have attended events in the club house. This was my first time on the firing line.

Very nice (and busy) facility.

Corvette

Looks like you had a great event.  Wish I could have been there. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

topper

Great attitudes from the shooters as they worked through new positions and battled the heat and sun.

Shooters were energized and didn't give up.

I only have 2 photos from the weekend to share.

Shoot boss with Jacob and his rifleman target.

Then proud Dad with Jacob. Good job Jacob, last AQT of the weekend.

Charley

JustKim

ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

Charley

A cleared red coat Sat Afternoon!
Learning some history

Charley

Charley

Congratulations Third Degree! Red Hat well deserved and a 25 shoot pin!

Little Buddy clears a Red Coat!

Charley

Cadence

Congrats Jacob  O0

Maybe there is an Orange Hat in your future? ;)
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams