News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

McLean, IL August 8 & 9 2020 AAR

Started by TheEditor, August 11, 2020, 03:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheEditor

A great shoot. 

27 shooters; 5 riflemen!  Three Orange Hats awarded.  History was well received.  Everyone not only participated in the shooting, but lent a hand getting the range ready and tearing it down Sunday afternoon. 

I'll post more details later (when I have the paperwork in front of me) and a few pictures.  Meanwhile, please chime in. 

TheEditor
John Naese
John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

AK

I enjoyed working with all the shooters and instructors this weekend at a great location!  Congratulations to all our new Riflemen and Orange hats. I was only there on Saturday, so I only have a couple of pictures.
I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

"We here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain; that this nation shall have a new birth of freedom; and that this government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." ~Abraham Lincoln

Trail Mix

Hi,
This is my first post. I'm trying to add pictures. Not sure if it'll work or not. We had an awesome weekend! Thanks so much to all the instructors,  the shoot boss and the people who provided the location. We made some wonderful memories!
Thank you all so much!

Trail Mix

We made some wonderful memories! I have more pictures but I'm having trouble adding them and my phone is almost dead.
Best weekend in a long time!

Paladin223

Another great event at McLean.  This is always a family event as witnessed again this year. The Sweeney's were present on both the instructor and new rifleman sides of the event.  I was especially impressed with the family from Lemont whose two sons invited their parents to their first Appleseed, and if I'm not mistaken, both seemed to enjoy themselves.  A great cadre of instructors walked everyone through the steps to become a rifleman as well as pass on stories of those who sacrificed so much to establish this country of ours.
  A special thank you to Barb and Bob Holland and family for providing such a fabulous place to have this event.  They truly put a lot of work into making the weekend so successful.

AH1Tom

It was a great weekend for Liberty. Thank you Bob and Barb Holland for allowing Project Appleseed to host events on your property, it is a very nice venue. I enjoyed meeting the instructors in Illinois and a great bunch of shooters. Congratulations to the new Rifflemen and IITs.

Now it's your turn to come down to Alabama and find out what real sweet tea tastes like.   

TheEditor

Here are a few pictures: 

Caleb, the SB's son, helps get the range ready on Friday by painting the equipment line.

And (although it's hard to see) this is the winning fire team in the "shoot the TV sitting on the couch" target.  A reminder of the value of teamwork, and a reminder to get off the couch. 
John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

TheEditor

OK, still working on the art of posting pictures.  Here's Caleb:

John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

TheEditor

Here's El Chupacabra helping a shooter (who happens to be related to him!)

John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

TheEditor

Irish Templar, after shooting Rifleman and before taking his Orange Hat (Huzzah!) hauls out an SKS (with bayonet!) for the last AQT of the day. 

John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

TheEditor

Many thanks to AH1 Tom for leaving Sweet Home Alabama (Roll Tide!) and helping us out.  I learned a few new ways to doing things, and I showed him at least one technique that they apparently don't use in Alabama. 

Here he is, diagnosing scope issues on a shooter's rifle. 

John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

Shooter30-06

Congratulations to our new Riflemen and new Orange Hats!  A big thanks to the Holland family for hosting the events and the extensive effort in preparing the range.  I want to congratulate all the shooters for their wonderful attitude and commendable effort.  It was very nice to meet and get to work with AH1.  Maybe AK and I can get down to Alabama for a return visit!
"We cannot insure success but we can deserve it."-John Adams
"Remember, all men would be tyrants if they could."-Daniel Defoe