News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Gibsonburg, OH Appleseed May 23-24

Started by WolfAmongSheep, February 20, 2009, 06:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WolfAmongSheep

Is anybody going to this the Appleseed shoot? I am considering signing up. I have never been to an Appleseed shoot. I have read about what to expect and what to bring, but does anybody have any other advice about it? Has anybody stayed at the hotels in the area? Thanks for your imput.  :)

WAS

FiremanBill

Quote from: WolfAmongSheep on February 20, 2009, 06:33:59 PM
Is anybody going to this the Appleseed shoot? I am considering signing up. I have never been to an Appleseed shoot. I have read about what to expect and what to bring, but does anybody have any other advice about it? Has anybody stayed at the hotels in the area? Thanks for your imput.  :)

WAS

WOLF -

I attended last August.  Sandusky Co. Sportsmen's Club is close to Bowling Green, and even closer to Fremont, where I stayed.  Plenty of lodging choices, and Club is only about 20 minute drive from I-75.

Added bonus:  It's also not very far from Camp Perry and the ODCMP Garand store. 

Hope to see you there.

FiremanBill
Historian
IIT2

"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it."
Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Jack Ryan for President!

CQ CQ CQ de N8NRT.....

BeeFree

Assuming Mr.BeeFree is back from Poland, he wants to go, and I'm trying to arrange childcare so I can be there even if he isn't.  I've never stayed at any of the local hotels, though. 
BeeFree
Make Orwell Fiction Again!

FiremanBill

Quote from: BeeFree on February 21, 2009, 09:43:33 PM
Assuming Mr.BeeFree is back from Poland, he wants to go, and I'm trying to arrange childcare so I can be there even if he isn't.  I've never stayed at any of the local hotels, though. 
BeeFree
BeeFree

I found a clean, cheap room for under $60 last year.  Surprisingly, Fremont had lots of choices for a smallish town. 

If you have a GPS I recommend you use it.  Lots of country roads, and MapQuest was not very accurate for me.

FiremanBill
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it."
Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Jack Ryan for President!

CQ CQ CQ de N8NRT.....

WolfAmongSheep

Okies, signed up for the May 23-24 Appleseed. See you guys there!