News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Help in Alamogordo August 8/9

Started by hotairbill, July 20, 2020, 10:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotairbill

Howdy, I am the shoot boss for the event and am soliciting assistance for this event.  I have at least one very special needs person that will attend and the instructor cadre will be stretched to accomodate the rest of the shooters in attendance.   Thanks for your consideration. 
If you are not happy doing what you are doing... it's time to change what you are doing!
Rifleman patch, March 16, 2014.  Accepted an ORANGE hat on Sunday, 20 April, in Roswell NM. Now I start "Baby Steps."
Earned Red Hat, May 21, 2017.  Earned Shoot Boss, November 4, 2018!  Look out, Alamogordo, N.M. here comes Appleseed, again!

Captwa

If I'm upright and breathing , I'll be there.  Sign up after Raton this weekend.
Have to check with War dept.  Wa

Mrs. Smith

Thanks,  Wa! I knew I could count on NM to come through  :1luvu

Quote from: Captwa on July 22, 2020, 05:20:02 AM
If I'm upright and breathing , I'll be there.  Sign up after Raton this weekend.
Have to check with War dept.  Wa

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

KProctor

Are you still needing assistance? I'm just a ITT but I happen to have some free time available at the moment.
Rifleman   06/20
Rifle KD     12/20
Pistoleerâ„¢    07/21
Rimfire KD 01/22
Morgans Shingle 05/22

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: KProctor on July 24, 2020, 12:45:41 PM
Are you still needing assistance? I'm just a ITT but I happen to have some free time available at the moment.

That's quite a drive for you, isn't it sir?  Bill would certainly be grateful for your help,  as some possible volunteers are still a question mark. You're certainly welcome.

Mr Smith is going to help Saturday,  and I'll be there Sunday.  Guess I should put that on the books,  now that I think about it.
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

KProctor

About 9 hours away from where I live but I currently have the weekend free unless I get called up for work suddenly. Figure it might make a nice getaway and I can see what new Mexico's like.
Rifleman   06/20
Rifle KD     12/20
Pistoleerâ„¢    07/21
Rimfire KD 01/22
Morgans Shingle 05/22

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: KProctor on July 24, 2020, 04:28:52 PM
About 9 hours away from where I live but I currently have the weekend free unless I get called up for work suddenly. Figure it might make a nice getaway and I can see what new Mexico's like.

Wow. That's right generous of you.  PM hotairbill and he can help you sort out lodging and whatnot.  There are also some NM specific covid things to contend with  $$-0  he'll get you up to speed there.  I'll let him know to expect your message.

Thanks so much!

Traci

scuzzy

Quote from: Mrs. Smith on July 24, 2020, 04:34:46 PM

There are also some NM specific covid things to contend with  $$-0  he'll get you up to speed there.  I'll let him know to expect your message.

Hey Traci,

Be sure to introduce K to Mark Douglas - the head honcho at Alamogordo. Since Mark is retired Border Patrol I imagine K would like to talk to him since he's going into the same line of work. And be sure to take him up to Cloudcroft - that's just such a beautiful place. Hard to believe a short drive goes from hot desert to cool mountains and big trees.

K is a good guy - he was with us last weekend in Waco.

scuzzy
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: scuzzy on July 24, 2020, 05:38:31 PM
Quote from: Mrs. Smith on July 24, 2020, 04:34:46 PM

There are also some NM specific covid things to contend with  $$-0  he'll get you up to speed there.  I'll let him know to expect your message.

Hey Traci,

Be sure to introduce K to Mark Douglas - the head honcho at Alamogordo. Since Mark is retired Border Patrol I imagine K would like to talk to him since he's going into the same line of work. And be sure to take him up to Cloudcroft - that's just such a beautiful place. Hard to believe a short drive goes from hot desert to cool mountains and big trees.

K is a good guy - he was with us last weekend in Waco.

scuzzy

Sir, yes, sir! *snaps to attention*

Just kidding. I'd be glad to.  K, have you reached out to Bill yet?

KProctor

Rifleman   06/20
Rifle KD     12/20
Pistoleerâ„¢    07/21
Rimfire KD 01/22
Morgans Shingle 05/22

Mark Davis

Huzza! KProctor,
Been a while, but sometimes I make a trip like that.
Gotta get the stink blown off!

RJ.Mouse

The COF looks good.  Let us make it happen!

:)
[A Rifleman is not born but is cast in the Rifleman's mold by other Riflemen.
A Rifleman's greatest honor comes with passing of skills, heritage, and
knowledge of obligations to those that will and must continue the war.
...]
~ Steve Anderson ~