News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wright City, MO AAR July 18-19, 2020

Started by 209Ken, July 20, 2020, 09:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

209Ken

Heat and humidity! That's all the meteorologists were talking about for this weekend. Dangerous heat, stay inside! I swear these guys were trying to wreck our attendance at Bench Rest Rifle Club in Wright City, MO.

Well, the didn't know who they were dealing with. Seventeen shooters braved the heat, brought plenty of water, and were ready to learn!

We dealt with the heat the best we could and it turned out to be a great weekend. Keith shot Rifleman scores of 218 and 224 on Sunday. Russ re-qualified for the umpteenth time with his AK! Mark shot in the 190's and 200's and came up with a score of 209 on the final AQT of the weekend. You will get there, a Rifleman persists! 

I want to thank the instructors and shooters for a fun, safe weekend. With the high temperatures that we had, safety must go beyond the 4 rules. The potential for heat related illness was high, but everyone stayed hydrated and found ways to deal with the heat.

This was Chazzle's first shoot as an Orange Hat. He did a great job, obviously paid attention at the shoots he attended as a shooter and did his homework.

If you have any comments or pictures to share, please post them! I will post some pictures in a day or two

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

chefmossy

Was a great and very hot event. Was amazed by the shooters that came back on Sunday. What a great group with some really strong young people.

sleepy

Very impressive! Can't wait to get back out to Missouri.

Flintlock54

Everyone discovered what they were about!  The range held the heat well and gave some meaning to " a rifleman persists". Huzzah to all.
Acts 22:28. I was freeborn

209Ken

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln