News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Free Online Training - Emergency Trauma Response Training Course

Started by Captain, July 16, 2020, 11:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain

Hey everyone, this was posted today in the Instructor Corps forum but I didn't want anyone to miss it. I've heard folks asking about getting a little training in emergency/first aid. Please check it out if you're interested. Emergency Trauma Response Training Course

Captain
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

colonial shooter

"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Puttup

The Cornerstone of a Nation, its men, their families and the community.

Working tools of a Rifleman: Steady Hold Factors, Six Steps in Firing the Shot, NPOA.

I am a Traveling Man

libertyhammer

Thanks, I am putting together a med/blowout kit and was looking for the training to go with it.

scuzzy

Thanks. Just signed up.

Had a bit of instruction on this recently but theres a lot to remember so I'll go through it again. And again.

They did have an IFAK for not too much available during the free checkout - it was about $112. Which seemed to have decent items. Stuff like North American Rescue items - which are the best. The pouches themselves can run into a bit of money even.  So that's not a bad deal to get started. I put together two kits recently but bought all the items separately on Amazon. It ran about 220. I do have a few more things in mine though like triple antibotic, coritzone cream, benadryl, etc.

https://www.mountainmanmedical.com/product/the-yellowstone-trauma-kit-mountain-man-medical/

Looking at individual items it's not too much more than Amazon. And these guys are providing a service - free training. Let's hope it's good. We'll find out.

https://www.mountainmanmedical.com/product-category/kits/
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Taylor

Quote from: Captain on July 16, 2020, 11:19:31 PM
Hey everyone, this was posted today in the Instructor Corps forum but I didn't want anyone to miss it. I've heard folks asking about getting a little training in emergency/first aid. Please check it out if you're interested. Emergency Trauma Response Training Course

Captain

O0 O0
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

eaglescouter

Is this a mailed physical product, a downloaded video, or an video shown within a website?
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

scuzzy

Quote from: eaglescouter on August 30, 2020, 02:55:57 PM
Is this a mailed physical product, a downloaded video, or an video shown within a website?

Video shown on a website.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.