News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Planning Salem, July 25 & 26

Started by EZ3, July 10, 2020, 06:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ3

I haven't been to Salem for a while.  As I recall, the club serves lunch for a donation, and the firing line is a long way from the parking lot/rest rooms.  IIRC, camping is available for instructors.  I'll get in touch with the LBOTG for the details.

In the mean time, who is going to be doing a PC?  St8space has dibs on 2nd Strike, who wants the other POI?  Especially IMC, because I think I've done it at the last 3 or 4 events I've attended.  I'd like to hear someone else do it.  Also, I like to have a "teaching team" do the SHF for all of the positions on Saturday, so I need two volunteers for that.

May I crave your instructional requests, gentlemen?
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

cwcdl79

You are correct in your recollections kind sir.

I can do shf, just not model sitting. Maybe imc in a pinch.

Ricochet Rabbit

I can do IMC if you'd like. I can also be the model, although I am not sure that I can do kneeling. I'll practice it and see if I can get my knees and ankles to cooperate. I also can call the line as often as needed.
"The most natural and eligible mode of attack on the part of the people is that of detached parties of bushmen who from their adroitness in the habitual use of the firelock suppose themselves sure of their mark at a distance of 200 [yards]." - Thomas Gage, March 4th, 1775

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption
of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the
Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters." - Daniel Webster

"When all connection, upheld by commerce, with the mother country, shall cease, it may be suspected that an independency of her government will soon follow." - Thomas Gage

EZ3

Okay gents, I talked to Jay at Salem last night.  Range fee is $10/day, but that includes lunch.  Camping is available onsite, contact Jay at 330-831-9847 or jklein1911@gmail.com for more details.  I'm bringing the target line.

Jay will arrange for transportation for our gear from the parking lot to the range.  I think it would be best to plan on periodic restroom breaks, due to the distance involved.  It will slow things down, but not as much as waiting for "plumbing checks" by onesies and twosies.

So far I have St8space on 2nd Strike, IMC and the teaching team for SHF.  Dom is also on the teaching team.  Aimbotv2 is doing his PC2, which means he needs an opportunity to be line boss.  I'm thinking Sunday is the best time for this.  We still have a lot of POI up for grabs.  As always, whatever yinz don't want to do I will be happy to cover.  (Note for OH instructors: "yinz" is a western PA colloquialism which means approximately the same as "y'all" or "you's guys" in other regions east of the Mississippi)

We have a great student/instructor ratio, eleven pre-registered and three expected walk-ons with five instructors (the walk-ons are all inactive IITs or Applecore).  Please look at the Salem event as an opportunity to work on POI that you may need improvement on.  Appleseed is a self-help program, but it only works if you are willing to work out of your comfort zone to improve.    ~~:) 

Corvette

Looks like we have a great event coming at Salem.  Enjoy and have a great event.  EZ3, thank you for covering this event for us.  We really appreciate it.

Corvette OH SC
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

cwcdl79

EZ3

Quote from: cwcdl79 on July 21, 2020, 06:10:41 PM
What time we setting up boss?

Great question.  Setup starts at 7AM.  We have fence posts to pound in, etc., etc., and it's a long haul from the parking lot.

Instructor assignments are as follows:
Aimbotv2 - PC2.  Tom, please mentor him Saturday and make sure he is ready to explain line commands and call the line Sunday.  I'll bring a PC2 in case he doesn't have one.
St8space - 2nd Strike, IMC, SHF teaching team
cwcdl79 - SHF teaching team, line boss Saturday AM including line commands and Redcoat COF
Texas T - line boss Saturday PM and mentor Aimbotv2
EZ3 - whatever instruction is left

We will debrief Saturday PM and make assignments for Sunday at that time

See you all Saturday.  We have a nearly full line, and at Salem "full" is 25.  Huzzah!

Corvette

Looks like you guys are going to have a great weekend.  Wish I could be there with you.  EZ3, please say hi to Jay for me, he has been our rock at Salem over the years.  Have fun and keep em safe. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!