News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wyoming; Bring Specialty/Advanced Shoots to Your Range

Started by sleepy, June 24, 2020, 01:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleepy

I'm proud of my range here in Laramie. Not only has nature been good to it, but it has an extremely dedicated range board that puts brains and back into it.

I'm also blessed that the board enthusiastically backs Appleseed, to the point that three board members are cadre, and I believe another one will be soon, too.

That makes it real easy for me to set up specialty shoots in Laramie. But what about the rest of Wyoming?

But being a relative noob to the program, I haven't made it to all of the ranges in Wyoming hosting Appleseeds; something I hope to change over time. I'd love to do a little survey; what can your Appleseed-hosting range do beyond our 25m 2-day clinics? And equally important, do you think we could fill a line with some of these specialty or advanced shoots?

Always keep in mind that advanced shoots do require that shooters have completed an Appleseed 2-day (25m) clinic.

Let's start with distance. Can your usual Appleseed-hosting range offer:

- 7yds; Appleseed's new Pistol Clinic (stand alone-no prerequisites)
- 100m/yds; Rimfire Known Distance (advanced; 2-day clinic prerequisite)
- 400m/yds; Known (Full) Distance (advanced; 2-day clinic prerequisite)
- >1000m/yds; Unknown Distance (advanced; 2-day clinic prerequisite)

Get back to me (sleepy) via PM, and let me know what your range could do for distance; then we can look at other factors.. Advanced events can have a wide draw, perhaps out to 400mi. An event in western Wyoming could draw from as far as Oregon or Nevada. Northeast Wyoming could draw from Montana and both Dakotas, and so on.

This search will optimally result in a 2021 shoot at a previous 2-day clinic hosting range.