News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Parma, ID, June 20/21, 2020, AAR

Started by Prescott, June 22, 2020, 02:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prescott

It was a great weekend for rifle marksmanship education and for sharing the heritage of our country.   We weather was perfect and the group of students was fantastic.

It is always great to see families at the range!  We had two father/son pairs, one father/daughter pair and a pair of brothers.   Thank for coming out this weekend.

The group was very attentive to both the marksmanship instruction and the heritage of our country.  Throughout the weekend, the marksmanship techniques were perfected by the students, and the accuracy and precision of their groups showed great improvement.  Nothing bring a smile to my face like shrinking group sizes.

Congratulations to our newest rifleman, Russ.    Russ was showing great improvement on Sunday, and his AQT scores kept improving.  Finally, on the last AQT of the day, he shot a 210.   Of course, as tradition, the awarding of the Rifleman patch also came with a good drenching from a nice cold bottle of water.   Huzzah, huzzah, huzzah.

Andrew also showed great improvement, but was only able to reach a top score of 205.   So close!   I am confident that he will earn his patch at the September event.  He did, however, clear a Red Coat target!

Remember, on the characteristics of a rifleman is persistence.  Leon showed great persistence, as he has been to a couple previous AS events and come to this event with a couple friends!   Keep performing safe dry fire practice at home, and I am confident you will earn your rifleman patch.

The green laser pointer that was on the demo rifle is a the best training aid to assist with dry fire practice.   It will assist in perfecting all of the marksmanship techniques.  By observing the movement of the laser dot, you can perfect your steady hold factors to minimize the shaking of the dot.   Then, when you squeeze  the trigger, you can watch for any movement of the dot.   If you see the dot move as you squeeze the trigger, then you need to focus on your trigger control.   Make sure you have a the correct "C" shaped trigger finger and you perform good follow through.

The next event at the Parma R&GC is scheduled for September 19/20.   I am looking forward to seeing you again at that event.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln