News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Alliance, NE AS, June 13-14,2020

Started by Pine Ridge Puma, June 15, 2020, 05:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pine Ridge Puma

Thanks to the Alliance Rifle Club for providing the venue for another Appleseed shoot.  Good to see Dan again, and a special thanks to Jim and Steve for mowing the grass, weeds and yellow flowers between the firing line and target line.  Shooting prone would have been a challenge had that not been done and was much appreciated.  Weather was pretty hot for early June but the low humidity and wild wind on Saturday made the temperature bearable but aggravating for trying to shoot the score.  Sunday was better wind-wise and congratulations to Mitch for shooting multiple rifleman scores at his second Appleseed event.  He was one of the nine Patriots who attended for the weekend of Revolutionary War history, shooting, and fun.  The skeleton panhandle Nebraska Appleseed instructor crew are very happy that Mitch accepted an orange hat to help in promoting  the mission, and know that he will be a great comrade.  Thanks to Bill and Clay for all of their help during the weekend.  It was good working together again and I appreciate their expertise and labor!
When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them,  and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

LegionRider1

Pine Ridge Puma, thank you, Bill and Clay for all of your help, encouragement and knowledge. You guys deserve the credit for me getting the Rifleman patch because I just tried to do things the way you all taught us to! I can't wait to shoot 2 Appleseeds in a row with the same rifle!  ;D I better keep after it though, both of my boys will be out scoring me before I know it.

I'm very proud and humbled to be able to join you guys and I hope I can bring as much passion and knowledge of history and marksmaship to shooters as you do. I really appreciate the mission of Project Appleseed not only because it teaches the true events of the birth of the greatest nation ever conceived but also because that knowledge serves to whet the appetite of those wanting to learn more about the dedication, sacrifice and love of country it took to create a nation, to defend a way of life and to stand up for democracy. When one understands what others were, have and are willing to give in blood and treasure to defend this nation, perhaps they will come to appreciate what we have a little more.

This I will defend
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
― Tom Paine

"To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace." - George Washington, 1790

Rifleman - 6/14/20

messer9696

:pics:
So here you go!

Now if someone will teach me how to copy and past these from my facebook account instead of uploading them, that would be awesome!

Great shoot! Nine awesome Americans who were the most teachable type of group. Too bad they had to listen to this IIT ramble through some stories, but I think they got the gist of it  ;D Big CONGRATS to Mitch for multiple rifleman scores AND for taking an orange hat! The Panhandle cadre needed some help. If you ever have a question or need some help, please let me know! Also, take notice of the huge grin on the face of our 9 year old lady shooter. This was at 3:00 on Saturday afternoon. After spending hours in the sun and heat, she was still ready to go. What a trooper, young lady!

John and Bill, as always, thank you for what you do. You guys put on a great shoot with the best history lessons around.
It is the rifleman, not the rifle, which defines accuracy.