News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sacramento, CA June 6-7, 2020 AAR

Started by NorCal22Gal, June 10, 2020, 11:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

Sacramento Valley Shooting Center....Project Appleseed...Together...Finally.

The weather was more like late April or mid Fall, and quite windy.  I will take the 80 degree temps over the 100 degree temps from the week before.

We had 13 students both Saturday and Sunday.  It was awesome to see so many new students to Appleseed along with one returning student.

They all took to the instruction like they were sponges...just soaking it up.  It was wonderful to see.  There is not much that makes an instructor happier than to see that the instruction they are giving is being applied.

There were a few light bulb moments as sling tension suddenly worked or moving a scope helped.  There were also the frustrations of equipment issues, aaahhh...nothing like an Appleseed to find the issues....  Everyone worked hard to overcome their obstacles, mental, physical and equipment.

History both days was well received.   Vinnie brought his "Bess" out and showed it off. 

Sunday we did the Volley....gave me goose bumps.... always does.

There were several folks who were scoring in the 180-190's...You guys are soooo close.  Hope to see you all out again this fall and make it over the bump in the road and get that patch.

Thank you all for coming out and for helping us clean up. 

Thank you to all my instructors.

Thank you again and again to Sacramento Valley Shooting Center for hosting us.

See you in September.

Laurie

Books I mentioned:

Paul Revere's Ride by David Hacket-Fischer  (also check out Washington's Crossing by the same author)

She Fought Too by Tara Ross (Tara Ross also has a very cool Face book page.  She shares short stories about things that happened this day in history, some are Rev War, some Civil War, some more current Wars.)

Your instructors for the weekend were:

Laurie             NorCal22Gal  Shoot Boss
Joe                  eaglescouter
Vinnie            Vinnie
Linda             Ducky
Scott              Lagboy
Zivanka         Mikey's Gal
Jacob             HeavyTank (or just Tank)