News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

South Huntsville, AL (HISR) June 6-7, 2020 AAR

Started by Google, June 11, 2020, 11:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Google

Seventeen hearty shooters gathered on a hot Alabama weekend to finally hold the event that had been scheduled for Patriots' Day.  Hobbs Island Shooting Range in South Huntsville, AL, once again was a gracious host to a Project Appleseed event.  Owner Don Eiermann has been an enthusiastic supporter and is already planning big things for next year's Patriots' Day commemoration.   :F

We started the day with a Hits Count target to get a baseline on our skills.  Then we covered sling use, six steps of firing a shot, prone position, and NPOA before trying our hand at squares targets.  It was great to see the size of the groups start to shrink!  After a lunch break and some history, we continued to see improvement in group sizes and decided it was time for IMC.  More marksmanship drills and some practice with the seated positions finished up our day.  The heat had taken its toll and everyone was ready for a break.

Sunday morning was a bit cooler and we were able to move through our reviews and learn about standing position.  The morning Hits Count target showed lots of improvement from the day before.  Before long we had gotten through 2 AQTs and Michael requalified with a 234.  Way to go!   ^:)^ :---  After lunch we held our Patriots' Day memorial volley and fired a few more AQTs.

This was a great group of shooters.  We had mothers and daughters, fathers and sons, mothers and sons, and husbands and wives.  Repeat Appleseeders and first timers.  Brand new shooters and experienced shooters.  Everyone learned something and went away with a smile on their face.  I hope to see everyone back on the firing line soon!

Group pic:

Michael scores a 234:

EddieB tells Strike 3:

We love seeing families on the line:

PeaceAndLove teaches IMC:

Our posterity:

Determination:

A line of ladies:

Tyler and his dad:

Nick showing us how it's done:

Ava kept everyone smiling:

Kristin was a brand new shooter running a bolt gun like a pro:

wileycoyote and KPUC showing how it's done:

And last but not least -- my favorite.  Thanks for the note, guys!!  This is what keeps us coming back  :1luvu

SidecarDriver

First Appleseed shoot for me.  I will be back for more.  Thanks for all your patience. 

David
Globalists and patriots are mutually exclusive.

Don't be a soft target.