News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

College Station, TX June 6-7, 2020 AAR

Started by Sir Not Appearing In This Film, June 04, 2020, 06:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Weather is looking good for this one!

Stay tuned.  :cool2:
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Saturday June 6th, 2020 we once again gathered to celebrate our liberty, marksmanship and heritage in College Station at the beautiful CCC range.

22 shooters were on the line. Most shooters at this event were transferred from the cancelled shoot last May.

Wbridgeman, TT92, Tank5, Bravo 5, Caveman 1-1 (we'll get him on the forum one day) and myself functioned as the Saturday instructor team.

22 shooters of all ages showed up Saturday. A few had been to Appleseed before - always great to see people again and always great to see new faces.

Weather Saturday was partly cloudy with almost no wind, HUMID and HOT. TT92 had in his possession a Kestrel weather meter - our highest heat index Saturday was 118 degrees!  :P

The heat and humidity did take a toll on all of us. We took a lot of breaks under the canopies. Caveman 1-1 was appointed Hydration Czar as he was already well practiced at observing the health of those present. We are thankful.

We did not get to an AQT Saturday, but shooters did get to implement sitting/kneeling and standing positions before the day ended. We actually ended Saturday a bit earlier than we normally do.

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Sunday 18 shooters returned. White Paladin joined the instructor group for Sunday and we were glad for his contribution. It was very comforting to have so many instructors present.

The temperature heat index Sunday reached 108 degrees. It was much less humid on Sunday - made the heat a bit more tolerable.

We were blessed with a surprise visit from Ghostring! Ghostring started his Appleseed Instructor career in College Station. He saw fit to travel and personally deliver new KD patches and Pistoleerâ„¢ patches to award to myself and TT92 - each who earned these patches at a KD event last March. How cool is that?

Ghostring went on to tell the shooters about some exciting new things that are coming to the Appleseed calendar of events.

We stayed late Sunday to offer shooters as many AQT opportunities as we could. I believe as many as 6 AQT drills were performed by the day's end.

Tank5 told us about many dangerous old men and women from 1775.

Though every effort was made we did not get any Rifleman this time. We did have shooters that were in the 180's - 190's.

I surveyed the shooters at the end - despite the heat at this event most agreed that having a June make up date to replace the May event was a good idea.

Until next time - dry-fire!!!!

Ladyseed Man Slave

Mrs. Smith

Great pics, SNAITF!  Can't beat Texas skies and determined shooters. And what a turnout! Huzzah!
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

CokeGuy

Is that Ghostring sporting a new goatee??
Looks good.