News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Fenton, MI - May 30/31 2020

Started by T. WOLF, June 02, 2020, 01:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T. WOLF

What a fantastic weekend!  Man, it was great to come out of hibernation and get back to the Appleseed grind.  And we were blessed with perfect weather all weekend.  I'm so glad we were able to pull off this event - THANK YOU to all the Instructors and Shooters for making it a success.  Thank you to DoubleDog and Fenton Lakes Sportsman's Club for providing a safe, welcoming environment for us to exercise our freedoms - we really appreciate you.

I want to congratulate both TL and Stark for passing their PC3 Instructors exam.  You guys did the heavy lifting all weekend - crisp POI's across the board and the results spoke for themselves on the shooter's targets.

David - thank you for stepping up to take an Orange Hat.  It meant a lot to me to be able to hand that to you, and it means a lot to Project Applseed to have your help.  I believe you'll grow into a great instructor.  And impressive work with your centerfire - it was nice to hear that banging away at the edge of the firing line all weekend

Wrangler - great to have you on the line with us. Glad you got some shooting in, and we look forward to seeing you with your Orange Hat next time

Garland & Austin - glad you were able to join us for TL's  big weekend (Happy Birthday, TL!).  Congrats on hitting 210 and getting 'baptized' in the waters of the north bridge, Garland.  Austin - you showed great improvement over the weekend, I hope you come back soon to claim a Rifleman patch - sounds like it runs in your blood.

Mairead - likewise, great shooting.  Did you clear TWO redcoats?  Unreal.  I'm glad you joined BeeFree for this one, and I hope you come back again soon.

Robert & Craig - you guys were scaring everybody with your elite shooting skills.  Congratulations on earning those Distinguished rifleman rockers.  Those scores are nothing to sneeze at!

Juan - always great to have you, I hope you can come back and shoot with us again soon. And bring Horace back with you!!

Hobbs boys - great job as always - I captured some awesome video of Zeke on the Garand and Max on his SKS, check out the link below.

Kevin - it was great meeting you, and I applaud you for running your off-hand bolt-action all weekend long.  I admire a shooter who wants to stick with their own equipment, but I think you're well into Rifleman territory if you come back and shoot with a semi-auto (you can borrow!), or even a left-handed bolt-action.  Something to consider! Hope we see you again either way - very impressive performance!

Conner - it was a pleasure having you on the firing line, bud - great job all weekend!  You have a great attitude, and I believe you will grow into an accomplished shooter if you stick with it.  I hope you had fun.  Farmgirl - welcome back!!  Thanks for all your help!

Scott & Emma - so glad you could join us, I hope you enjoyed it.  Scott - sorry about the sunburn, man - I've been there, it's painful!  Props to you for returning on Sunday and staying in the shade, smart move.  Emma, I was proud of the way you handled yourself all weekend - you were receptive to coaching and showed great improvement - way to be persistent!  We'd love to have both of you back for an event this Summer.

:F

Google Photo Album - feel free to add to it!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/QtYb6Z1f65zY5JAH7
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

Farm girl / Rochelle

Wow, what a great weekend. I want to shout out to all the instructors and T. Wolf for taking extra time with Conner on the firing line, you really took a very nervous kid at his first AS and helped him feel comfortable and confident.  We are looking forward to his second event, he cannot wait and we are already getting his first own rifle set up (with Number6 expert guidance, thank you!)  :snipersmi  :snipersmi

As always I am very impressed with the professional caliper of instructors at these events, top notch, well prepared and knowledgable!  Every POA was well outlined and presented, easy for learning.  This time I learned the meaning of some of the historic flags, that was very interesting. 

Happy Birthday TL, hope you had a wonderful day.  :birthday:  :birthday:

I am very thankful for seeing some old friends and making some new friends, I've missed you all.

Farmgirl
"If you want something you'll find a way, if not you'll find an excuse"...Superheat

ThreadNLead "TL"

What a great weekend! Great weather. Great shooters. Great instructors to work with!

First if all, thank you to EVERYONE for wishing me a happy birthday! You ALL helped make it a fantastic birthday! What better way to spend my birthday, than at the range doing what I love, with people I love?! (Students included!)
I am still on cloud 9 over passing my PC3! A special thank you to Shootboss T.Wolf for your help! You're the one who really sparked the first thoughts in my head about deciding to take that step. Also, congrats on your first solo event! I'm so glad I got to be a part of it!

Thanks for coming out guys! I'm extatic that the event happened! I was more than ready to spend some time at the range with fellow Patriots! You all did such a great job, I hope you had as much fun as I did. I saw so much improvement throughout the weekend. Riflemen persist!

I wanted to mention one additional thing. I meant to mention it AT the event and forgot. I am Michigan's Ladyseed Coordinator. What is a Ladyseed? Well it's a 1 or 2 day Appleseed event for Ladies only. AND its taught by all female instructors! Well actually, all female instructors when possible. (Sometimes we throw in a few guys to fill in the gaps.) So if you have a wife, girlfriend, or female friend who might be interested in a girls day at the range, direct them to me! I'd LOVE to talk to them!

Let me leave you with these 2 quotes...

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin

"Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood." - John Adams

:pics:
I'll be posting a link to pictures tomorrow!
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  - Benjamin Franklin
"Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood." -John Adams
Super Trooper, forever in my heart.
First Patch: (was a) KD 10/27/18
Winterseed Patch: 11/11/18
Orange Hat: 11/11/18
"InfernoSeed": 7/20/19
Red Hat: 4/18/21
KD: 11/26/23
Morgan's Shingle/Star (prone and standing): 11/26/23

ThreadNLead "TL"

Here are the pictures I promised!
:pics:

STUDY STUDY

My Dad and "baby" brother's first Appleseed!

WE PASSED OUT PC3!!!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  - Benjamin Franklin
"Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood." -John Adams
Super Trooper, forever in my heart.
First Patch: (was a) KD 10/27/18
Winterseed Patch: 11/11/18
Orange Hat: 11/11/18
"InfernoSeed": 7/20/19
Red Hat: 4/18/21
KD: 11/26/23
Morgan's Shingle/Star (prone and standing): 11/26/23

T. WOLF

Quote from: "Farm girl" / Rochelle on June 02, 2020, 06:31:19 PM
I am very thankful for seeing some old friends and making some new friends, I've missed you all.
Farmgirl

Welcome back, Farmgirl! It was fantastic meeting you and Conner. Looks like we'll be working together in Houghton Lake later this summer.  Looking forward to that!

Great pic of you guys:

"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

CheckPoint

Thanks to the entire Cadre for managing an excellent Appleseed experience.  Everybody was very helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly.  The firing line was run well with a healthy dose of safety sprinkled in all weekend long.  It was a pleasure to have a lane on the firing line with all the shooters.  And the Fenton Sportsman's club is an awesome venue to learn the history of April 19, 1775 and proper marksmanship techniques.  Finally, the patriot volley was remarkable.  It really helped emphasize the sacrifice of Americas first patriots.

Thanks to all....
Well Done....

v/r

CheckPoint

T. WOLF

For CheckPoint and the other shooters who were at or near 210 on their AQT's, remember we have a 200yd event in Kingston next month - it would be great to have you out there with your centerfire rifles!