News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Coshocton, Ohio May 30&31, 2020

Started by Corvette, June 02, 2020, 09:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

It was really great to get back on the line at our Appleseed at Coshocton Gun Club near Coshocton, Ohio this weekend.  Sixteen motivated shooters showed up ready to work on their Marksmanship skills. The weather was great all weekend. 

Once all the shooters had arrived, we completed the normal welcome and moved to the safety briefing. Rifles were brought to the line. To help with our social distancing, the shooters were divided into two groups so that we could spread folks out while shooting. 

The Saturday morning Red Coats was shot and the results showed we had a pretty great group of shooters.

We moved to the steady hold factors in prone, followed by the six steps and NPOA instructions.  Related drills were shot and the morning moved on to shooting sighting groups and an IMC presentation. 

We broke for lunch where we enjoyed a rousing First Strike.  Shooters returned to the line after lunch to continue their work.
Final sights adjustments were made and confirmation groups were shot.

Next steady hold instructions in seated and standing were presented and were followed by related drills.

The day ended with the Saturday afternoon Red Coat which showed more improvement.  This was followed by a combined Second and Third Strike from Corvette and a call to action to all to get active in their local communities.

Sunday dawned with weather just as nice as Saturday.  The morning Red Coat was shot and the results continued to improve.

We moved to our practice AQT to orient folks on the specifics of each stage. We followed this with two AQTs, shot in flights, before it was time to break for lunch.  There were a number of good scores and several exceeded the magic 210.

After a KD lecture at lunch, we were back on the line for more AQT's.  More good scores were shot and more Riflemen and Riflewomen were made.  To all, a big HUZZAH on your success.

Riflewomen:  Beth-222,  Analyse-218
Riflemen:  Mike-214(R), Nathan-226(R), Andy-225,238,236(R), LA-219(R), Cassidy-210, John-211.

Ten qualifying scores during the weekend.  That is some serious shooting.  And many of the other shooters were on the porch or knocking on the door of 210 with scores of 180 or above. 

The group finished the day with a the Sunday Red Coat and yet more improvement was demonstrated.

Our thanks to the Coshocton Gun Club for hosting our event and my thanks to AimBotv2.0, Cammo Cowboy, Meadow, sirbob, and J Madison  for helping with this shoot.  It was a pleasure to work with  each and every one of you.  We look forward to our next event at CGC.  Post your pics from the event.     

Corvette

:pics:
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Aliquippa

Wonderful shoot last weekend at Coshocton Gun Club. Tried my darndest but no patch this time. Thanks to all the helpful and importantly encouraging instructors and shoot Boss Corvette who's delivery of the heritage is just riveting. Oscar nods forthcoming.

Corvette

Roxelaine,

Gosh, I am blushing.  Glad that you enjoyed our event.  See you again on the line and I look forward to you earning your patch.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Aliquippa

more pics. still learning how to use this site.

Corvette

Aliquippa

I though the socially distant pic was relevant. I shared it with my ladies FB shooting page as info.

Corvette

Some Pics.  Corvette

Corvette

Our Riflemen and Riflewomen.  Corvette

DontFlick

It was indeed a great time. My first appleseed and an experience I will never forget. Thanks to all the instructors (Aimbotv2, sirbob, Meadow,, Camo Cowboy, and Chewie) [hope I didn't forget anyone] and our shootboss Corvette for their hard work, selfless volunteering, and all the great coaching.

See you in July in Salem.

Life. Fortunes. Sacred Honor

Corvette

Dontflick,

It was our pleasure to work with you this past weekend. Have a great time at the Salem AS.  Sorry I won't be there. 

Corvette

DontFlick

Some Action After for the After Action Report.

Heather and I cleaning our firearms after the event.
Life. Fortunes. Sacred Honor

Corvette

HA, The couple that cleans rifles together certainly stays together.  Great pic. Thanks for sharing.  Corvette

Schottzy

It was an awesome weekend!  I finally got my purple Rifleman's patch.  Thank you to all for the help and support!

Corvette

Schottzy,

It was our pleasure to work with you and to award the Purple Patch.  It was a great event with great folks.   

Corvette

Struggle

It was a great event and I cant wait for the one in july!

Corvette

Struggle, See you there.  Looking forward to working with you then. Corvette