News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Gordon,NE shoot at Lambley ranch

Started by Pine Ridge Puma, June 01, 2020, 04:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pine Ridge Puma

Fairly good weather for good old Nebraska on May 30-31 at the Jim and Deneen Lambley ranch east of Gordon, NE.  Cool and damp for a while in the mornings but quite warm in the pms and a pretty good breeze- I'm not complaining!  We had eleven shooters on Saturday with nine returning on Sunday.  A special thank you to Berk from WY and Bill from SD who we were pleased to have stay with us for the weekend.  Orange hat Clay from Alliance was up to lend a hand also and does a real good job on instructing and helping the old geezers to git er dun!!  A number of those attending expressed interest in  going to another shoot, so that is a good indicator of a successful weekend.  We did not mint any new riflemen but we sure have a nice bunch of true American Patriots in the sandhills cattle country of Nebraska!   My thanks to the Lambley Ranch for their hospitality and promotion of this event, and to Clay for taking pictures.
When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them,  and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

messer9696

:pics: So here it goes! Pardon my ineptness with photography....

It is the rifleman, not the rifle, which defines accuracy.

messer9696

This was an awesome event to test out my new orange hat! Instructing with John, Berk, and Bill is quite the learning curve. These gentleman know their stuff and were commended by the students on quite a few occasions for their amazing history lessons and great marksmanship instruction. Big shoes to fill around here.

Students were amazing too! All were ranchers or had ranch background in their blood. Strong patriots who will help America succeed. I hope to see them all at an Appleseed in the future. Hats off to the Lambley's for their support of the Appleseed mission!
:F

sleepy

Wish I was there, and kicking myself that I couldn't be.

messer9696

Quote from: sleepy on June 01, 2020, 07:12:39 PM
Wish I was there, and kicking myself that I couldn't be.

Sleepy, we had a good time. Green grass to shoot from, not a windy, dirty rifle range. Weather was great and so were the shooters. All 11 of them are great supporters of the constitution. You missed a great one. Maybe catch you in Alliance? Pre-regs look good so far.

M1bzrk

Holy Smoke!  I have to tell you, this was the biggest shoot I've been to this year, & unfortunately it was not in Wyoming. Thank you, Jim Lambley for:  (a) providing the venue; (b) advertising the heck out of the Event on your radio station, The Twister;  (c) providing the bulk of the shooters; and to his wife and daughters for hauling coffee out to the range!
That's a Project Appleseed Booster, folks.  There were 3 ladies, 4 youth and 5 men on the line Saturday, including Jim himself.   One thing they all shared was a GREAT attitude.
This was a rimfire only event, and there was quite a variety- a Mossberg, a Browning, a Marlin, a Remington, several Ruger 10/22s, a Ruger bolty, a Tippmann, and at least 5 Henry lever actions on the line at one time or another.  Only two sported scopes; the rest were either tech-sighted or factory open sights.  A lever action may not be the ideal Appleseed rifle, but the folks who shot them proved that they knew what they were doing.  No-one shot the Rifleman score, but marksmanship improved and all grew a lot more proficient with their rifles.  Persevere, folks and you will earn that patch.
It's always a pleasure to visit Nebraska and see old friends and learn something.  Messer9696 does an excellent job of coaching, demo-ing and instructing.                                                                              Bill is a real historian and was kind enough to show us some of his flintlocks - some of which he made or embellished, and share his knowledge of Colonial life.  Great stories!                                                                              PineRidgePuma, as always, runs a great shoot & Jeanne  provided us with great food.
It's uplifting to see so many Patriots teaching, learning, shooting and enjoying themselves.  Things are going well in eastern Wyoming -er western Nebraska-  You folks are walking the walk.  LIBERTAS!

messer9696