News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Memphis, TN May 30-31, 2020

Started by dart67eb, June 01, 2020, 10:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dart67eb

This was a really great event.  Three Riflemen with just about everyone else either knocking on the door or showing potential to do so.  Even though the weather was great, the zombies still attacked and we had to fend them off.  Congrats to Rustygun on his SBIT1 and MR. A-Team on his Instructor promotion.  We hope to see everyone back in September!  Pics to follow.
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

Rustygun

What a great event! Perfect weather and a really good group. A lot of impressive shooting. Wyatt in particular went from shotgun very large on his first Redcoat with a new, iron sighted rifle to missing cleaning his Sunday afternoon Redcoat by one shot! Jason soaked up the instruction like a sponge and broke through to get his patch at his first Appleseed. Mark did the same thing putting it all together and patching. Eric was a return Rifleman who makes it look easy. He didn't quite get his Distinguished rocker but will next time. Our other shooters all made very good progress with Jay getting really close towards the end along with Jeff. Sully showed a lot of heart and improvement. Berl was oh so close until he ran out of steam late Sunday. We hope to have them all back on line soon.

Pete got his red hat after only 11 years as an orange hat. Well deserved. The zombie stage, a West TN exclusive, was a big hit as always! Wyatt bagged his zombies on his first shot!

Hard to see how this Appleseed could have been any better. Ebben did a great job as usual. I forgot my phone on the first day so didn't get many pics. Have to wait for Pete to post them. A big thank you to Memphis  Sport Shooting Assoc. Always a gracious host and a really nice facility.

MR. A-TEAM

This weekend was another superb event with some truly great shooters. These individuals showed huge improvement due in part to their attentive and open minds. We were thankful for some beautiful weather and being able to hold this Appleseed at MSSA. I was happy to have the support of Rustygun and dart67eb to guide me further into becoming a better instructor. Thank you everyone for participating, and we hope to see you again. Special shoutout to Wyatt and Sully for being awesome.

MR. A-TEAM

More pictures! I apologize for the late posting.

MR. A-TEAM

And then some more

Nashville Stage

It sounds like several congratulations are in order! Way to go for the new riflemen! Pete, good job on the Red hat! Dave, you'll make a wonderful shoot boss. Glad to hear that you're pursuing the green hat.  ..:..
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Popov

A bit late to the show here, but I just wanted to drop in and say that this was another great event put on by the West Tennessee team!  Thanks to dart67eb, Rustygun, and MR. A-TEAM for taking the time out of their weekends to teach a new generation of Riflemen.

This was my second Appleseed event, with the previous being hosted at the same location by the same instructor cadre but with the addition of Tennessee Beast from the Nashville area and bright1 all the way from central Arkansas.

We were fortunate to have beautiful weather for the event.  Last one got a bit warm and that's the excuse that I'm going to stick with for my lack of performance  ;)

Great instruction, as always, and I picked up a lot more this time around, being my second event.  "Drinking from a fire hose" is a term often used here, and already having a foundation in the basics freed up my mind to concentrate on the more advanced topics.

We shot one AQT at the end of the first day.  Another shooter, a first-time Appleseed participant who I believe had some experience in long-range shooting, as well as myself, were able to make the cut as Riflemen.  The second day saw a third Rifleman break through the "wall" and churn out a great score.  So many others were so close.  I know that frustration, believe me!  They'll get it at their next event, for sure!

Several younger shooters were present, and even a couple of families.  I love seeing that, it gives me so much hope for our future.

To brag on myself for a bit:  We shot 3 Redcoat targets over the weekend, and I was dedicated to clearing them all.  During the first, I was shaking due to the pressure I put on myself.  Adrenaline is a thing, even during a known, planned, safe event.  Does not help so much with accuracy on the tiny targets, gotta work through it.  Each additional Redcoat after the previous cleared one(s) only amped up the stress level.  I don't know how I squeaked by the last one at the end of a long weekend, but was happy to do so  O0

Again, great event.  Glad to see Pete in a red hat, and can't wait to see Rustygun in a green hat.  They both deserve it for their dedication to the cause and diligent devotion to this program.

slasher91

I wanted to hop on and say thanks to dart67eb, Rustygun, and MR. A-TEAM. I really appreciate everything they did for us at my first Appleseed. They were all very knowledgable and wanted to share that knowledge to help make us better shooters which was evident with my increasing AQT scores as the weekend progressed.
I had a great time and will be back again.
Thanks, guys!