News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sevierville Appleseed, May 30

Started by CokeGuy, May 31, 2020, 08:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CokeGuy

Despite the threat of rain, Saturday turned out to be a beautiful, comfortable day in Sevierville! Eight eager shooters showed up (1 cancelled), but the COO of Wears Valley Ranch joined us with his son Michael, bringing the total up to 10 for the day. And a glorious day it was! Tom, adaptive Appleseeder, was the first to qualify at 213. In spite of insisting he did not deserve a patch, Tom you did very well, following all of the protocol. We all felt it was well-deserved. Then Bobby and Dan each qualified at 218. Not to be outdone, Steve shot 236 and followed that with a 232. Congratulations to all the new and repeat Riflemen! All showed great improvement and, by the end of the day Michael (age 12) wanted to know the age to become an Orange Hat. We look forward to the day, Michael!
Just get dad to take you to the range and let you practice. So happy to have you back at this, your second Appleseed clinic! Heartfelt thanks to leadslinger, Hardbean, and Meditative Marksman for making this a memorable event that received many compliments from the participants. We all left feeling very good about this day.

Meditative Marksman

Thank you sir for being a great shoot boss! Can't wait until next time - Meditative Marksman

Leadslinger66

It was a great day! Thanks to all of the shooters that came out. I enjoyed working with all of you.
John

"We mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor." - the signers of the Declaration of Independence

Tar Heel

This was my fourth and favorite Appleseed. As always, the red hats and shoot boss offered expert instruction and spot-on safety. CokeGuy is a top-notch Revolutionary War professor, in my opinion. The small group of shooters made for a friendly vibe, and it was great to see Meditative Marksman getting his feet wet with his first day of instructor training. Plus, walking away with my first Rifleman patch was a nice bonus!

Hardbean

Wears Valley Ranch is still my favorite range to visit and instruct.  We had a great group of shooters who were eager to learn and improve their skills.  The ratio of instructors to shooters was perfect, plenty of instruction available when needed.

Surprisingly, these one day events seem to keep producing Riflemen! 

Congrats to Tar Heel on getting the Rifleman patch, I know you've been chasing it a while!  You've made steady progress at each shoot that we've been to.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you again on the line again someday!