News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AQT / Rifleman plaque for my daughter

Started by bri, May 30, 2020, 07:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bri

My daughter, Megan, worked super hard to get her Rifleman patch at age 11 a couple of years ago (I think she shot at 7 or 8 events before getting 210).   Anyway, we have a CNC router and wanted to make something to display her AQT.   The silhouettes are the actual size they are on an AQT, just moved closer together, and we put holes through the wood to match her actual AQT.  Still need to stain it, but it has turned out pretty nicely so far.  See attached picture.

ArmyVet

That looks amazing! I am especially impressed with the recreation of the Rifleman patch up top. I bet those stars were difficult. A very nice way to remember how she exemplified how a Rifleman perseveres.
The difference between a novice and a master: the novice does it until they get it right. The master does it until they can't get it wrong.

Maximum Ordinate

"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Snow Snake

Bravo...nice work...You could have a nice "niche" business.
Without Knowledge,Skill cannot be focused.Without Skill,Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength,Knowledge may not be applied.
   - Alexander The Great
"The other side of every fear is a freedom."- Ferguson
" Hey Mikey, I'm about to punch that time clock"-Lone Survivor

Leadslinger66

John

"We mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor." - the signers of the Declaration of Independence

colonial shooter

Ditto from M ax Ord, and Snow Snake. Look for a call from me soon!
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

TaosGlock

That is totally brilliant!
She is an outstanding young woman.
TG
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

cornhskr

Father and daughter both have skills!  Good shooting and that plaque is AMAZING.

Lomshek

Monkey

I would put this on the "Gifts for Appleseeders" list.

Provide options for wood species, stain, or paint.

;)
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

Captain

I hope you bring that to our next Appleseed so I can see it in person - SO COOL!!
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Gator0246

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Samuel Adams

Gus

That is amazingly cool.  I have a teenage son who is knocking on the door of Rifleman. Maybe this will be his year.

Gus
"Mental notes aren't worth the paper they're written on" - Mark Twain

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen" - Jeff Cooper