News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Parma, ID, May 22/23rd, 2020 AAR

Started by Prescott, May 24, 2020, 12:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prescott

Finally, our first AS event of 2020 was ran.  A stir crazy group of patriots reached out to me a couple weeks ago, and pleaded for an AS event to provide an activity to commemorate the end of the Idaho stay at home orders.   I was able to get range approval for the event, and we got it on the schedule.  This was a special Friday/Saturday event for an LDS group, and it worked out very nicely.

Seven patriots showed up for the event along with the full complement of SW Idaho instructors.  Everyone was very happy to be able to be with a group of friends to socialize and learn about the heritage of our country.   Three father and son groups we able to participate in the event.   I would especially like to thank the fathers for bring their son's to the range.

Congratulation to both Trent and Chris for earning their rifleman patches.  Chris shot his score with a bolt action CZ rifle, which adds to the challenge of shooting the rifleman's score.  He broke out his Enfield on Sunday, and tried to also shoot score with this rifle, but didn't quite get to 210.  Trent displayed his rifleman talent by shooting a 228 on the first AQT of the event.

All of the youth as this event did amazingly well.   We has a few equipment challenges on Saturday morning and had to get some rifles on paper.  Once the rifles were zeroed, the boys absorbed the fundamentals and their group size become more accurate and precise.  By the end of Sunday, the boys were posting scores in the low 200s.   Unfortunately, late in the day, the brothers decided to "help" each other. The opportunity to shoot rifleman was lost, as one target has too many holes and the other not enough holes.

Remember to keep up the dry practice at home.   The fundamentals can be fine tuned at home on the comfort of the living room carpet.   Then, at your next AS event, I am confident that you will be able to earn the patch.

Please tell your friends and family about the event, and we would happily put on another event for this group.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Manly Man

Thank you to all who attended.  It was a skilled group with great learning attitudes.

Congratulations to Trent, Chris, and Prescott The Shoot Boss who shot a rifleman score with a borrowed, iron-sighted rifle.

I didn't have my better camera, so I didn't take as many pictures as I otherwise may have.
Pictures

-Gary