News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Myakka City, Florida -- Manatee Gun and Archery Club 16/17 May 2020 AAR

Started by stoneknives, May 23, 2020, 03:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoneknives

:F Myakka City, Florida -- Manatee Gun and Archery Club  16/17 May 2020   :F

History records another excellent shoot at the always wonderful Manatee Gun and Archery Club.
I was truly Blessed to have this incredible group of Citizens join us on the firing line at the range this past weekend. As a Shoot Boss I was also Blessed to have a great group of Professional Instructor/Volunteers backing me up. Thank you all.

Summer Florida Hot would describe the weekend and if you have experienced you know that if Thomas Pain had he would have never made that crack about "summer soldiers"and "sunshine patriots".
These patriots were there to learn of our nations founding and the "art of marksmanship. Learn it they did with all getting out of Basic (125+) and the majority shooting Sharpshooter or Better......

So many things good this past weekend, old-new friends, the history, pulled pork, VE Day rifles, Fast 40 and such, but at this moment what stands out to me was the sound and smell of Sunday's AQT's. With a solid majority of the shooters shooting centerfire and many of them battle rifles, great stuff.

I had a blast I hope you did also.

Henry

ps(see more pics on the Fbook Friends of Florida Appleseed page)
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

sleepy

Hey! I recognize that firing line!

Sounds like a fun and productive time was had by all. I look forward to coming down again some day.

BaldEagle

Had an excellent turnout and a great shoot. It was great to get out on the line again with my fellow instructors and patriots alike. It was truly an awesome weekend with some new riflemen and lots of re-quals by instructors and students! I hadn't seen such a good group of shooters "out of the box" in a long time. The quality marksmanship training sure showed the efforts of the instructors this weekend. HUZZAH!