News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

South Huntsville, AL Pistol IBC 23-24 May 2020

Started by Mixed Metaphor, May 25, 2020, 11:47:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mixed Metaphor

The Great State of Alabama (Roll Tide) has conducted its first Project Appleseed Pistol IBC.
IT WAS A BLAST!! Literally and figuratively. 
I want extend our deepest gratitude to Don Eiermann, owner of Hobbs Island Shooting Range.  Don is a tremendous supporter of Liberty and Project Appleseed!  We have held several events there and have more scheduled.
Day 1:  We arrived around 8:00ish and held an instructor meeting.  Shortly after the meeting, we all proceeded to the (outdoor) pistol bay.  Bluegrass Colonel and Glock Mike instructed the group on conducting an Appleseed Pistol event.  We were instructed on safety, differences between rifle and pistol events, and the line commands. 
Bluegrass Colonel and GlockMike taught proper grip of the pistol, chamber checking, Weaver and Isosceles stances, low ready centerline index and natural point of aim.  We practiced.
We brought pistols to the line and practiced what was taught using 10 MOA squares.  Those were right small targets at 21 feet!  We discussed using paper plates and/or pie pans for some drills.
The was a tremendous amount of discussion throughout the weekend on the course of fire.  We had 2 Senior Instructors, a designated Shoot Boss, 3 Shoot Bosses, 4 Instructors and 3 IITs.  There was a great deal of experience on the line and AWESOME feedback on the instruction. 
After lunch, GlockMike was presented with his 25-event pin.  HUZZAH!  Thank you for your commitment to Liberty Sir!  Bluegrass Colonel was presented with the Gold Border Alabama State Patch.  The gold border patch is presented to those who are felt to have gone above and beyond.  Bluegrass Colonel came down from Nashville and really took lead on the IBC. 
We ended the day with 2 PQTs (Pistol Qualification Tests),  We discovered that the PQT is challenging!

Day 2: We arrived around 8:00ish again.  Bluegrass Colonel and GlockMike reviewed Day 1 instruction.  We warmed up with an untimed PQT.  Then, right into some PQTs.
By 2:00, we had 3 Pistoleer™s!  Tennessee Beast was Baptized with a 210, GlockMike and Mixed Metaphor both shot 215.
This is in NO WAY all encompassing.  The amount of instruction and knowledge passed by Bluegrass Colonel and GlockMike went far beyond what is shown here.
There is no way I could possibly thank Bluegrass Colonel and GlockMike enough! I really appreciate the instructors who came to be instructed. You all ROCK!
I deeply appreciate Rambling Wreck, Coke Guy, Roswell, Leadslinger66, AH1Tom, Tennessee Beast, Savage22, Mechanic, Palousie, Schutze for coming out to this event!
Look for pictures coming soon.
I love my Appleseed family.

May Liberty Increase!
May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

CokeGuy

It was a memorable event in many, many ways. First, just being with Appleseed family again was exciting and invigorating. Next, the excellent instruction by Glock Mike and Bluegrass. Also, the fine event organized by the SB. Thanks, Mixed Metaphor! Only downside for me personally was the heat; but, hey nobody forced me out. I am acclimating for more.

Mixed Metaphor

Giving it a shot posting pictures.  I may need to redo.
May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

Roswell

Awesome, exhausting and informative weekend spent some of America's finest Patriots! Big thank you to Mixed Metaphor, Bluegrass Colonel and GlockMike. And To the Hobbs Island Shooting Range for hosting us.

In Liberty,
Roswell
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

Tennessee Beast

I had a great time and enjoyed being baptized in the cold waters from under the North Bridge.  It is one of my favorite pictures of me as well. Thank you Mixed Metaphor, Bluegrass Colonel, and Glock Mike for the great event and Don at HISR for the use of the range.
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

BillP_556

Congrats TN Beast on getting your "Pistoleer™" patch!
Respectfully,

BillP_556

Tennessee Beast

Quote from: wplunkett2011 on May 25, 2020, 11:36:51 PM
Congrats TN Beast on getting your "Pistoleer™" patch!

Thank you!  Knowing your skill, I think that a 250 is achievable for you if you practice on Ghostring's squares.  They certainly helped me on one hand and transitions.  As MM alluded to above, they may not be the ideal for the first few targets.  A paper plate or bullseye target works for that.  However, they are great once you are comfortable with all the drills and you need to hone your NPOA, Six Steps, and Stance/grip.  They definitely show flaws in those, if you have any.
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"

BluegrassColonel

This was a great weekend.  What a wonderful group of Patriots!

Garry did a fantastic job of leading the event and the enthusiasm was evident.  Being on the Instructor crew with Mike is a treat and he always brings his A game.

I appreciate being around a group that is obviously focused on learning themselves, thinking critically, willing to put in the work to earn their patches, and get the Appleseed Pistol Clinic track into place.

Being a member of this cadre is a lifetime honor and I don't take it lightly.

Thanks to everyone for your time, for all of the kind words, and fellowship!

My father didn't serve in WWII.  It wasn't for lack of trying.  He attempted to enlist 3 separate times.  The last time the doctor said he was too short.  He responded that he signed up again because he said he saw a poster that was recruiting short men to be pilots.  The doctor said, "Short, yes.  But this is ridiculous."  In my book, he's still a hero.

GlockMike

Tennessee Beast

Congratulations, Greg on your special Alabama patch!  You earned it!
John Lancaster Spalding

Benjamin Franklin, 1775

Leadslinger66

What a great weekend of learning, Liberty, and friendship! Thanks to everyone who instructed and participated. Now to brush off that .22 pistol and get it oiled up……
John

"We mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor." - the signers of the Declaration of Independence

Rustygun

Looks like a large time was had by all! Would love to try one of these.