News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Don McAllister

Started by Twineagles, May 20, 2020, 06:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twineagles

One of our key instructors in Southeast IA was killed in a car accident a couple of weeks ago. Don McAllister was instrumental in bringing Appleseed to his corner of the state. Don hosted shoots on his property that included targets out to 300 yards. I ran my first shoot as a shootboss at Don's range. Once Don earned his rifle man he accepted an orange hat. Due to the seasonal nature of his business he was limited on free weekends to work shoots. Don finished up his path to Instructor in 2018. He also managed the Appleseed IA FaceBook page. Don was a man with a big heart and a bigger smile. He will be missed.

Mike
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

Maximum Ordinate

Mike,

:-[

I didn't have the privilege to meet the gentleman.  Mac began with the program about ten years ago and was instrumental with the Catalpa Creek range.

I hope his wife Karen (kgbmc) is holding up okay. 

Sending you a PM.

best,
Rusty
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Tennessee Beast

Prayers for his family! 
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Google

So sorry to hear this.  Prayers to his family and the cadre.

dond

So sorry. Condolences to his family.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

Lomshek

Very sorry to hear this.