News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Shot My New High Score

Started by Burnett, July 12, 2020, 10:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burnett

221. Also got a 216 & a 217. Couple of 207s. :wb: And a 188, but we won't talk about that.
Ruger American Rimfire with a Vortex Crossfire II.
All in all, pretty happy with those scores for a bolt action.
^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

GTEngineer

Great job!  The RAR is a very capable rifle, I've been running a stock one for NLR22, extra kudos on doing that on a bolt action!

Quote from: Burnett on July 12, 2020, 10:13:13 PM
221. Also got a 216 & a 217. Couple of 207s. :wb: And a 188, but we won't talk about that.
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;..."
Ecclesiastes 9:10

1st Appleseed: Nov 16/17, 2013. Gurley, AL
2nd Appleseed IIT0: April 19, 2014.  Rising Fawn, GA

KD:
May 24/25, 2015. Manchester TN

RFKD:
Aug 20/21, 2022. Bothell WA

Requal:
Sept 30, 2017 Custer, WA
Feb 9, 2020 Redmond, WA
Apr 11, 2021 Redmond WA

Pistoleer™:
Nov 23, 2019 Eagle Creek, OR

Pistoleer™ requal:
May 22, 2021 Parma, ID
Mar 12, 2023 Redmond, WA

NRA Rifle Instructor

Ricochet Rabbit

Quote from: Burnett on July 12, 2020, 10:13:13 PM

A great rifle, I love mine. Good shooting and congratulations!
"The most natural and eligible mode of attack on the part of the people is that of detached parties of bushmen who from their adroitness in the habitual use of the firelock suppose themselves sure of their mark at a distance of 200 [yards]." - Thomas Gage, March 4th, 1775

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption
of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the
Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters." - Daniel Webster

"When all connection, upheld by commerce, with the mother country, shall cease, it may be suspected that an independency of her government will soon follow." - Thomas Gage

Ames

Burnett -- I commend you on your persistence and commitment to skills development!  Owning tools is one thing.  Knowing how to use them expertly is another.  Congrats on your achievement.

See you on the line.

Cort

Monkey

"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

malabar

Personal bests are important. CONGRATULATIONS!
tk

The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

Burnett

Thanks guys. Shooting Rifleman is satisfying and doing it with a bolt-action just adds to it.

By the way, Cort (Ames) runs a good show; get to one of the events he is running.

Thanks for the smoothly run weekend, Sir.

Greg

Quote from: Ames on July 13, 2020, 11:27:24 AM
Burnett -- I commend you on your persistence and commitment to skills development!  Owning tools is one thing.  Knowing how to use them expertly is another.  Congrats on your achievement.

See you on the line.

Cort

CarrollMS

Congratulations Burnett.  :beer:
I get the most satisfaction in Appleseed practice and qualification with my bolt rifle. There are some good tips here  https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=47300.0
"Pro Libertate"
Distinguished,
Known Distance,
Rimfire KD 200

Burnett

Thanks CarrollMS, and, that was a pretty good read.