News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Gibsonburg, OH May 16-17

Started by Blindman, May 19, 2020, 07:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blindman

Event ID: 7054   Sandusky County Sportsmens Club     
Gibsonburg, OH   May 16, 2020

These are the times that try men's souls - these were words that occurred to me as I drove down vacant roads to Gibsonburg, our nation under quarantine to flatten the curve of COVID-19, threat of rain and thunderstorms, everything seemed to be stacked against us. Even in the days ahead of this shoot, as I contacted each family and informed them of our very liberal rescheduling process, should they determine that the threat was still too real for them. Several shooters did just that, and I look forward to seeing them "down the trail"
But when we arrived, and I observed my veteran crew leap into action, sculpting an Appleseed line from a green target field, I knew our Forefathers and the Rifleman Gods were smiling down upon us.
Five shooters braved the elements to learn this most American skill. Their attitudes and enthusiasm was infectious. The Mirttendorfs, Dad Aaron, Daughter Caroline (now "Slow-&-Steady") and Son Hunter (now "Starhunter") and Ruby and Jason Rider were a pleasure to have on the line. Even as the inevitable crash of Sunday played in, their dedication to learning the skill of shooting was a joy to watch and foster.
  Redcoats tell the tale of enthusiasm and the grind of weather and "drinking from the firehose".
     Saturday     Sunday
       AM    PM   AM   PM
100   5      5     5     5
200   4      2     3     3
300   2      4     4     1
400   3      2     2     2
H      1       2    3     2
cl      1      1     1     0
Two new rifleman joined our merry band, Aaron (score of 233) and his Daughter Caroline (Score 216), With all of our shooters giving their all, I know we will be handing out three more patches soon.
Thanks to all, this was a great way to begin the belated 2020 Appleseed season.
Warmest Regards.
Blindman
okay, my dear friends and fellow's. My novel has gone live.
"Freedom's Forge, striking the sparks of liberty (volume 1) is available
http://abbacsrealms.com/
part of the profits go to Appleseed!

Corvette

Huzzah!!!  Sounds like a great event and the weather broke in our favor.  Great job team.  We are back on the trail and it feels good. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Cadence

I just want to send out a big HUZZAH to one of our most recent ITT's Meadow, since all five shooters were the result of his 7th stepping! Without that, we wouldn't have had anyone on the line!

Congrats to our new rifleman Aaron and daughter Caroline! Aaron showed his skill by shooting a rifleman score on 4 or 5 (sorry don't know the exact number) AQT's

Thanks to fellow instructors Third Degree and Meadow and of course Shoot Boss Blindman.

Here are my pics - hope others will post as well.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Cadence

More Photos
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Corvette

Wow,

Five shooters and three cleared Red Coats.  GREAT JOB.  Looks like there were a number folks "who know what they are about."  Super job all.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Cadence

It was Father, Daughter, and Son that cleared redcoats.

The kids are home schooled and we can see that they know very well what they are about!  O0 - I'm sure the parents have a lot to do with that.  >:D

By the way the son - StarHunter - shot a 204 on the next to last AQT but we couldn't quite get him across the finish line.

Obviously a well grounded family. Oh by the way I understand there are 3 more siblings at home. So the potential for more attendees.
~ Samuel Adams

Blindman

here's a pic from me, our own Meadow giving his very stirring Sam Whittemore. Good job Meadow!
okay, my dear friends and fellow's. My novel has gone live.
"Freedom's Forge, striking the sparks of liberty (volume 1) is available
http://abbacsrealms.com/
part of the profits go to Appleseed!

Captain

Looks like you had a great shoot - thanks for the photos!!
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Slow and Steady

Hey there, Slow and Steady here. Thank you to all of the instructors present that weekend. I'm so thankful to have the opportunity to participate in the Appleseed event (getting my patch made it even better). There are, in fact three more of us at home whom we are currently working on bringing out here. Along with my uncle and my grandfather who are now very intrigued by the project as well. I hope that by the time we meet again this whole pandemic will let up a little.  I look forward to seeing all of you again at my next Appleseed! Stay safe and healthy everyone. :)

Corvette

Slow and Steady,

It was our pleasure to work with you and your family.  Family and friends are the rock upon which America was founded and through which, we will prosper going forward.  Thanks for spreading the word and I hope to see you and your extended family at a future event.  I would encourage you to look at Liberty Center, its up your ways, has a great instructor team and has plenty of room for your crew. 

Huzzah!

Corvette