News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

VA instructors learn Appleseed's new Appleseed Pistol Clinic course

Started by BillP_556, May 18, 2020, 10:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillP_556

Appleseed volunteer instructors from VA, TN, OH, and WY came to Richmond, VA this weekend to learn the Appleseed Pistol Clinic POI to teach in each of their home states.  I always enjoy learning, shooting and coaching, and had a chance to do all (3) this past weekend.  A couple of things that stand out from this weekend:
1.) Appleseed volunteer instructors are great people to spend a weekend with! 
2.) Shooting a reduced target before a PQT results in great improvement from a previous attempt (score rose from a 203 to a 220 & patch!)
3.) Encountered my first squib misfire, strange reduced sound & recoil, smoke coming out the back and sides of my 9mm Sig 320 XCompact.  Waited 30-seconds, dropped the mag and ejected the round, bullet still seated in the casing, primer hit but lots of brown stuff over the bottom of the casing.
4.) Can't wait to start coaching Appleseed Pistol Clinic in VA!

I didn't take a lot of photos, but below are some shooting pics, reduced target slow fire:

Stage 1 & 2 of PQT

Sage 3, 4 & 5 of PQT
"The Revolution was in the Minds of the People, and this was effected, from 1760 to 1775, in the course of fifteen Years before a drop of blood was drawn at Lexington."
John Adams to Thomas Jefferson, 24 August 1815

Captain

Nice job! And thanks for posting the target. The folks attending the IBC in New Mexico at the end of the month are getting the opportunity to try their hand at the pistol "AQT".  I can't wait!  :)
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range