News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cheyenne AS 5/16-17/20 AAR

Started by colonial shooter, May 18, 2020, 05:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colonial shooter

Wow....
That is the only word that comes to mind right now.

Another great Wyoming shoot in the books. Saturday morning broke with threats of liquid sunshine and (shhh) wind. Four amazing patriots showed up to jump into the lake of History. Three gents and 1 young lady began the day facing off against the red coats, and most felt the sting of the bayonet (not literally). Thus began the lessons in marksmanship. with an amazing crew Captain (traveling up from Denver) M1bzrk, myself and our newest IIT the Luper, the students were quickly whipped into form to perfect the 6 steps (okay almost). Square fell and by lunch the green coat. After lunch transitions led to the AQT. Although there were no scoreable AQTs made the skills were there.

With the water from the firehose still dripping off the students the day was done. With the dream of tomorrow looming and the thought of the PATCH in their minds. The students left.

Instructors were treated to horderves (Elk wrapped in bacon) and burgers ( a regular treat for our visitors in Cheyenne ( mmm can you smell and taste that??)

Sunday, Only 2 shooters returned. The young lady and her father. After a brief review another Redcoat presented itself and no one felt the steel of a bayonet. Quickly the squares turned into AQTs and scores improved. The wind and sunshine wore on the entire company (both student and instructors) so, no new riflemen were created. Although Captain demonstrated what a distinguished score looks like (good job!).

I am confident we will see this group of shooters on another line again very soon.

Pictures to follow: Please add your thought here!
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Captain

This was a great first Appleseed of the spring in Cheyenne. Our shooters were enthusiastic and ready to embrace their American birthright, their marksmanship heritage. As a newer instructor, it is always a good time to learn when you are on the line with the guys who literally started Appleseed in Wyoming. Thanks Colonial Shooter and M1bzrk! Of course, now I'm destined to wander the Front Range in search of bacon wrapped elk - delicious!

Unfortunately the camera didn't come out until the second day so I missed getting pictures of two of our shooters. But the camera did manage to capture our father and daughter duo testing their new skills against the challenging Appleseed Qualification Test.

You can "click" on the pictures to see them at full size, and "click" again to shrink them back down.

Stage 1 is Standing

Stage 2 is Rapid Fire Sitting/Kneeling

More to come . . . .
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Captain

Now the last two stages are both shot "prone" . . . basically lying down on a little nap mat. We actually spend most of our time over the weekend in this comfortable position trying to get the shooters to just relax and breathe. I'm not sure why they claim to be so tired and sore?? :)

Prone position

Captain

Our shooters finished up Sunday with some new and improved skills, a little history, and most importantly some good memories. Hopefully we'll see them "persist" and continue their journeys towards becoming "Riflemen".

The best part of Appleseed is the great people you meet.

Captain

The shoot boss kept the crew very well fed. In case you needed another excuse to come out to Appleseed in Cheyenne!

Bacon wrapped elk bites hot off the grill!

M1bzrk

Cheyenne  Wyoming 16-17May2020
A great shoot!  Certainly not number-wise, but the attitudes of all involved could not have been better.  Good to see The Luper out and about and to meet Chris.  Unfortunately, they could only be there Saturday. 
Tim, where were you??  You signed up, so be sure to contact us so we can accommodate you at another shoot.
Sapphire and Rob attended both days and after some equipment issues, were progressing nicely.  It truly is a blessing to work with folks with positive attitudes!   They actually pay attention!  I have no doubt that they will be back and earn their Rifleman patches.  Thank you both for sticking it out through the "gentle breezes".

Thank you, Colonial, for SB-ing and for your hospitality.  Rob, thank you for coming and doing an excellent job of all phases of instruction.  This ole dawg is constantly learning from you young pups… 
Finally, thank you Project Appleseed and all the steadfast volunteers who continue in these perilous times to foster LIBERTY!

sleepy

Sounds like I missed one fun shoot!

Mercedes

I love this range and the cadre of instructors who carry the torch of Liberty in the "wilderness!"