News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hot Springs, AR - April 18-19th

Started by sticksnstones, April 21, 2020, 12:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sticksnstones

Although our numbers were few we had a blast and opened some eyes to
Liberty and improving their rifle marksmanship skills. All shooters canceled, except for 4 tough Texans. Sticks, Bright1, tsmethe were joined by Tennessee Beast who border jumped to help us out. The lack of numbers made social distancing easy. I prepackaged shoot packets to include shirts, targets and all other stuff that is normally handed out. tsmethe opened the clubhouse and made it available for all to use for personal sanitation. Tennessee Beast stayed on top of keeping anything shared or handled by more than one person sanitized. Bright1 brought hand sanitizer for all to use that was produced by a local distillery. There was a pretty fair effort from all to keep us safe. Thank y'all.
So to the shooters: Silent Chris was unable to continue after the first Redcoats target due to a neck issue that he's been dealing with. He did continue on as a great cheerleader and had eggs prepped each morning for those of us that camped. John G and Silent Chris also made sure that we started each mornings events with a big boom from the cannon that they brought. Yes Liberty involved cannons. John G was frustrated but started improving greatly after we realized that his scope base was working itself loose. Next time brother. Barnes struggled some but did improve and never lost his desire to improve. I know he will be back because he has been messaging me to help him find a good deal on a 10/22. Matt started well and continued to improve over both days with earning a Riflemans patch on Sunday and followed that up by an even better score. He even asked about the potential of becoming an instructor in the future. I like the way he thinks.
The Memorial Volley seemed to have all in deep thought and with a great respect for those that fought to secure our liberties.
The pics may be a bit deceiving but we stayed safe and nearly washed the skin from our hands
"These a the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in the crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."
Thomas Paine

sticksnstones

Pics
"These a the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in the crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."
Thomas Paine

sticksnstones

More pics
Thomas Paine

CokeGuy

God bless all of you for taking on the day. Beast is a "travel beast". A person very dedicated to the program!
CokeGuy

Tennessee Beast

Thank y'all for the kind words.  I had a lot of fun and want to thank the host range for the hospitality and everyone else for cooking and sharing food with me.  Fresh food definitely beats cans of Beanie Weenies.  ;D I was appreciative of the moonshine hand sanitizer from Bright1.  I enjoyed starting each day off with the Pledge of Allegiance and cannon fire (thanks SeaHag Munitions) Congratulations Matt on your Rifleman scores.  John and Barnes, it is only a matter of time before you earn your patches.  Chris, I enjoyed your company and hope you get fixed up soon because I want to see you on the line again. This definitely was one of the most fun shoots I have been to (reminded me of a mini-RBC since we camped on the range).  I have already sewed on my April 19th and Arkansas cadre patch.  I look forward to working with all of you again (in Tennessee or Texas perhaps). I also awarded Bright1 his Tennessee Cadre patch for working Memphis last fall (it was where he passed his SBit3 and became a shoot boss). I took some pics.
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Seahag Munitions

I wasn't gonna miss the event for nothing... it was an awesome time as usual.  I am gonna blame my not so great shooting on my sunburned sling arm.  jk....     Thank you for such a great time!   JG

Hobbitt

Thank you all for the support.

This was my second Appleseed, though the first was long ago.

The instructors were patient with me.  I learned a great deal.  I have notes for me to improve.  I posted my redcoat target on the wall in my room as a goal to improve.

I hope to see more Arkansas events.