News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Deep thoughts by B.C. in home isolation

Started by B.C., April 18, 2020, 04:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.C.

What makes America the greatest country in the world? Is it America's beautiful and vast natural wonders or the sprawling manmade accomplishments spread out all across this great land? I say no. Things made of steel brick and wood no matter how solidly built are temporary at best and represent just a single drop in the vast flowing river of time. I submit to you that it is the people of our country; the everyday American is what makes us a great nation. Our lasting ideals, morality and desire for freedom from tyranny passed down from generation to generation for posterity can, and perhaps will last the test of time. We can attempt to preserve and celebrate that spirit of precious liberty and reconnect the everyday American with our shared extraordinary heritage through the message and mission of our everyday lives while we live free here in this country. America as a whole is no better than its individual components; folks like me and you. How do we improve the overall well-being of America? We educate and improve the people. The very idea of liberty engages us and dispels the arrogant myth and blatant lie that one person cannot make a difference. What are the biggest three enemies of America today? They are not exterior threats, not nuclear war, not social and economic self-made prisons, not politics, not even natural disasters. Our biggest threats come from within us all; they are ignorance, apathy and laziness. The big questions: So…...what really is liberty and how do we preserve it? We know we have liberty in this country but what does that really mean? America is a free country, right? We can do what we want for the most part. But, am I free to go out and steal? Rape? Murder and harm others? Absolutely not! Liberty is a check and balance for us all. Simply put: liberty is freedom coupled with morality. The founders of America knew that this great experiment, this new system of self-government by and for the people would simply not work without a moral and just society of individual components - the people like us. Look at the world around us today. What do you see and hear? Who are your children looking up to and idolizing? Are they positive influences fostering the true spirit of America? Watch the evening news; do you see a trend in the decline of morality in modern Americans today? Many of us view America as a great ship sailing at sea. In my estimation that ship is taking on water at an alarming pace, our liberties and morality are being eroded. If America is a great ship at sea taking on water - are you simply just a helpless passenger fated to sink with the ship, or is your hand on the tiller trying to make a different outcome happen? Ever hear of a man named Ben Franklin? Ben was a high son of liberty in the war for independence. The deliberations of the Constitutional Convention of 1787 were held in strict secrecy. Consequently, anxious citizens gathered outside Independence Hall when the proceedings ended in order to learn what had been produced behind closed doors. The answer was provided immediately: A Mrs. Powel, of Philadelphia, asked Benjamin Franklin as he walked out from the hall, "Well, Doctor, what have we got - a republic or a monarchy?" With no hesitation whatsoever, Franklin responded, "A republic, if you can keep it." If you can keep it: what did Ben Franklin mean by that? Was he talking to politicians, your boss, your parents or his friends at the time? No. He was talking to posterity, to us and to all Americans. No matter where you come from, where you were born, or what you believe if you prescribe to the ideals and cause of liberty for this country you are indeed a true American. Our sacred bid for the everyday American to "keep it" must never end. On April 19th, 1775, our forefathers' were forced into two very difficult choices. They could either submit or live as slaves, or they could fight the most feared professional military in the world at the time - probably to a certain death. Those are two really, really bad choices. Thankfully, we're not faced with those and due to their sacrifice, we now have a third option: to get active in the political process and use the power of the vote to return us to our Founding Principles. Samuel Adams famously said "It does not take a majority to prevail…..but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men". So I ask this question of you dear reader: Who among us are the irate minority?
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

stoneknives

Excellent words BC.

I'm planning to shoot with some of my Brothers on the 'morrow. Time to get serious.

Henry  :---

(ps ad a paragraph or 4 and a bigger font for us ol farts)
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

9mm4545

Our Founders believed that men could govern themselves. This was a radical idea and it depended on a people that were not only capable, but willing to govern themselves. America had such people and the great experiment in self governance began. It is my belief that we still have the potential to rule our own lives but the willingness and capability have undergone extensive decay in the years since our Founding. So how can we reclaim our right, the duty to govern ourselves? If we want to make a better country, we have to make a better citizen. Frankly, the only person on earth you can make better is the one who looks back at you in the mirror and our every effort should be to improve that person. Those people who achieve the ability and will to self govern will be a minority and probably despised by the number of others who happily let others make the decisions for them. And as Mr. Adams points out, it does not take a majority to prevail. I want to be part of the irate tireless minority. Who else wants in?

And go wash your hands.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

rambo granny

Thanks BC and 9mm4545 for such refreshing thoughts.
RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

rambo granny

Stone knives, Great plan. We are going to do a memorial volley of our own  tomorrow honoring our founders too.
RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David