News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Braunfels, TX KD March 14-15, 2020 AAR

Started by paul.rome, March 16, 2020, 01:36:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul.rome

Another outstanding KD was completed at New Braunfels, TX. 

The weather was great!  Just enough wind to make shot placement interesting - allowing shooters to work on their holdovers.

All participants were extremely attentive and open to all instruction.  Everyone who didn't qualify as Riflemen, were shooting in the 190s by the end of the event.

New KD riflemen include: Marshall, Gary, Jacob and Crystal.  Three instructors requalified multiple times.  (But one black Lab couldn't get over the hump.) 

Many thanks to the finely tuned group of instructors including Palerider, GenXminuteman, tumbleweed, billjac, Captain, and of course outstanding assistance of Jerry and TXbootGirl.

Paul

Lopin’ Mule

Thanks Again Paul & Instructors & Volunteers!

It was a great learning experience!

See you on the Range,

Gary Loper
Rifleman - Alice, TX 2019
KD Rifleman - New Braunfels, TX 2020

PaleRider

What a great shoot! Congrats all the new riflemen, and especially Crystal who received both her rifleman and KD rifleman patches on the very last AQT on Sunday! Huzzah! There was no shooter who did not end up scoring in the 190s!!!
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

Tumbleweed

CONGRATULATIONS to all new KD Qualified Shooters!  AND Crystal - your perseverance and determination are inspirational and I'm so very excited to learn that you received BOTH the Rifleman and KD patches together.  A woman on a mission!

Debbie
"Blood is a cleansing and sanctifying thing, and the nation that regards it as the final horror has lost its manhood... there are many things more horrible than bloodshed, and slavery is one of them!" Padraic H. Pearse 1916

GenX Minuteman

Now this is what we, as Instructors, live for!!!!!!  Great group of students, great shooting and great fun!!!  I want to first say Congratulations to Marshall, Jacob, Gary and of course to our ever-persistent Blue Hat, Crystal for making KD Rifleman (and Rifleman as well for Crystal).  Man, what a great weekend!!!!  Everyone did great and had a wonderful time.  Josh is almost there with an amazing 199 on his first KD outing.  Randy also did an amazing job with a great scoring of 192!!!  Hope to see everyone out there again!

Chad - GenX Minuteman 

TXBootGirl

Another awesome shoot!  A HUGE thank you to the entire crew for helping me get there.  You've all helped me so much.  But, an extra special thank you to Jerry.  Jerry has given me little tip after little tip that would make me change my mindset.   ;D ;D ;D  And huge shoutout to Tim and Chad for all the encouragement (and patience).  I love the Appleseed mission and look forward to doing my part to continue it. 

Congrats to all the riflemen at this shoot and I know Josh will be there next time.  At every shoot there are the most amazing people which it's my pleasure to get to know.  Now, it's time to go sew that pretty purple patch onto my patch jacket... 

Tennessee Beast

Quote from: TXBootGirl on March 20, 2020, 11:44:28 AM
Another awesome shoot!  A HUGE thank you to the entire crew for helping me get there.  You've all helped me so much.  But, an extra special thank you to Jerry.  Jerry has given me little tip after little tip that would make me change my mindset.   ;D ;D ;D  And huge shoutout to Tim and Chad for all the encouragement (and patience).  I love the Appleseed mission and look forward to doing my part to continue it. 

Congrats to all the riflemen at this shoot and I know Josh will be there next time.  At every shoot there are the most amazing people which it's my pleasure to get to know.  Now, it's time to go sew that pretty purple patch onto my patch jacket...

Congrats on your accomplishment!   ^:)^  You know the story behind the purple patch, right?
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

TXBootGirl

Yes I do!  I chose the purple one on purpose to honor her.

Captain

Sorry this is late. This was a really good KD event out at the Central Texas Silueta Club in New Braunfels, TX. All nine shooters were either qualifying or shooting above 190. Several instructors also had the chance to knock the rust off and requalify.

I managed to get only a couple of pictures (because I was shooting!). Anyway, you can click on them to see them at a larger size and then click again to shrink down. 

Day 1 - KD Instruction!

Some KD history 

More history

Ranging instruction

Learn your scope parameters 

"Ram Therapy" on "Mt Bubba"

There were some new KD Qualified shooters and two shooters who were attending their first KD after a single 25m clinic who shot in the 190's!! And a HUGE shout out to TXBootGirl who scored a perfect 200 to earn here Rifleman and KD on the same AQT. I'm glad I was there to be a part of that accomplishment. Congratulations!
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

GenX Minuteman

Oh yes, I should also mention our new Rifleman, Crystal, also won the Range Estimation Challenge as well!!!!!  This is two times in a row!!!  She cannot be stopped!!!  Way to go Crystal!

Chad - GenX Minuteman

Captain

You know, I've been thinking about that range estimation exercise. She was one of the people who helped set that up on Friday . . . and then "somehow" she wins the competition . . . coincidence??  ;D
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Tennessee Beast

Quote from: Captain on March 30, 2020, 10:03:40 PM
You know, I've been thinking about that range estimation exercise. She was one of the people who helped set that up on Friday . . . and then "somehow" she wins the competition . . . coincidence??  ;D

Where were the checks and balances?
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

TXBootGirl

Ha Ha!!   ;D ;D ;D  I'm happy to show you my workbook with the math:)  Tim is tricky and gives us weird sized for objects so no one can guestimate the distance :wb: :wb: :wb: :wb: :wb: :wb:  It makes my brain hurt but following the formulas seem to work for me ;)  WINNING!!!! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^