News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hurlburt Field, FL Mar 7-8th 2020 LADYSEED

Started by JustKim, March 09, 2020, 10:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustKim

We had an AWESOME LADYSEED shoot this weekend.  We had five ladies/girls who came out ready to learn, and who persisted throughout the weekend.  CONGRATULATIONS to Kim who earned her Rifleman patch - at her very first Appleseed!!  She listened and applied everything she learned.  Traci persisted and showed much improvement this was shown by her redcoat targets - on her first redcoat she did not get to raise her hand, but on the final redcoat hit three rounds in the 300 yd silhouette, and her scored continued to grow throughout the weekend.   Madelynn and Faith 10 year old sisters showed up anxious to learn and both did an amazing job.  They were very attentive and their scores increased throughout the weekend.  Natalie came out on Sunday and shot some squares.  I know when she is able to spend a weekend with us, she will earn her patch!!  Thanks to everyone for coming out and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

The new Ladyseed shirts are amazing -- everyone LOVED, LOVED, LOVED then!!!

Thanks also to all the instructors - it is so great to be part of such a great team of instructors!!

A special thanks to Tim for dressing in his colonial clothes and bringing out his lanterns, period correct "stuff" (soap, comb, silverware, cartridge box, cartridges, Kentucky long rifle and thanks for letting everyone shoot the rifle!!!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

JustKim

some pictures
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

JustKim

more pics
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

I LOVE this stuff!

JustKim

pics
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

I LOVE this stuff!

JustKim

pics
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

I LOVE this stuff!

Dragon

It's always a pleasure to work the Appleseeds/Ladyseeds at Hurlburt. What a great team. It was great showing the "stuff" to the folks and letting them shoot the flintlock. It gives a greater appreciation for what the Patriots life was like. A "living history" is like a petting zoo. You get to touch/hold history rather than just look at it in a glass case.

gunjunkie

Great event run by an awesome shoot boss. Congratulations Kim, you worked hard for that patch be proud of it.
Be aware of yourself and everything around you.

Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom! Thomas Jefferson

We shall pass this way on earth but once, if there is a kindness we can show, or act we can do, let us do it now,for we will never pass this way again.
Stephen Grellet

Kizzy McK-PiK

This was a remarkable experience!  This was a great confidence booster as well, as I learned quite a bit about myself and the determination that I have within…even at times of slight frustration :)   We had a great Team of devoted Trainers who kept us engaged and focused, they made things fun...and topped everything off with some great History sessions!  I have to admit that I was a little pessimistic at first, because I kept wanting to compare the training to the Military Weapons qualification process (totally different experience for me).  I actually shocked myself, results wise, but I know that it was the great Team that we had out there that truly made a difference for us!  Thank you so much!

JustKim

Kim, thanks for taking the time to respond!  You did an awesome job.  Your attentiveness and determination really showed in your technique and on your target!  Hope to see you back soon -- and bring some friends!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

I LOVE this stuff!