News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bunnell, FL Feb 29 - March 1, 2020

Started by Heavyduty77, March 02, 2020, 12:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heavyduty77

What a terrific weekend for an Appleseed at the Flagler Gun and Archery Club in Bunnell, Florida. Perfect weather and a great group of shooters and instructors combined to make 3 new and 1 requalifying Riflemen! The mornings started out a little "airish" but the days warmed up to a perfect temperature.

Philip was the weekend's most prolific Rifleman with four scores ranging from 216 to 231. Chris turned in a 213 and 210 with a bolt action .22 and Eric made it with a 210. Kristian kept knocking at the door with solid 200s and then it happened, a 225 to cinch his Rifleman's patch! Congratulations to you all.

The Sunday afternoon Redcoat also turned out strong with five 400 yard qualifiers and 3 shooters that cleaned the target. Huzza!

Nine year old Anthony showed great progress over the two days with steadily improved scores. Nice job Anthony.

Despite several issues with her rifle, Mary kept shooting stronger as the weekend progressed and the bugs were worked out of her rifle.

Isaac, Frank and Patrick kept working at it and all three showed constant improvement.

FLawyer had his drone flying and taking some really great photos!

TomM1Thumb had brought his 1903A3 and two of the new Riflemen took turns at he end of the day Sunday shooting 5 rounds from a "real" rifle!

It certainly was a pleasure working with this group of shooters and instructors. Many thanks to instructors FLawyer, 9mm4545, rambo granny, TomM1Thumb, edree and worldwidewebb for all their efforts. Their performance was outstanding as always. (And thank you again 9mm4545 and rambo granny for getting me out of the mud!)

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future." --Adolf Hitler, 1935

"Cause the registration of all firearms on some pretext, with the view of confiscating them and leaving the population defenseless." --Vladimir Ilich Lenin

"Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."                             -- Aristotle

FLawyer

Some photos from the weekend...Part 1
All men have been endowed by their Creator with the unalienable right to keep and bear arms.  All we have do is protect it.

Molon Labe!

FLawyer

Photos Part 2
All men have been endowed by their Creator with the unalienable right to keep and bear arms.  All we have do is protect it.

Molon Labe!

FLawyer

Photos Part 3

Molon Labe!

FLawyer

Photos Part 4

Molon Labe!

FLawyer

Sunday Photos part 1

Molon Labe!

FLawyer

More Sunday Photos

Molon Labe!

DSCR

Thank you all for the great history, instruction and fellowship! I had a great time, learned a lot, and I am still stiff and sore, but it's finally getting better.

FLawyer, thanks for the pics! Will you post the fly by video somewhere?

HeavyDuty77, thanks for sending that extra CMP form!

I hope to attend Tallahassee in March, and I hope to see y'all again!

Philip

FLawyer

DSCR - I will post as soon as I finish editing the raw footage into something worth looking at....

I will post a link when available.

Glenn

Molon Labe!