News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Mansfield Mass. WinterSeed Feb. 15 & 16 2020. AAR

Started by Round Trip, February 23, 2020, 04:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Round Trip

:F Mansfield Mass. is about equal distance between Boston, Provence R.I. and the Bourne Bridge to Cape Cod.  if you think you know the weather around here, you'll probably be wrong. Saturday we started at 7 degrees warming up to the low 20s, Sunday mid 40s as we started at 12:00 (local custom.)  8 shooters with a variety of of skill levels and 6 Instructors: Rasmus, Round Trip, Jake1918, RebelScum Trebuchet & jmurrayvt. Given the instructor to student ratio a few of the crew had a chance to go for a WinterSeed patch or do some quality shooting on either day. 5 WinterSeed patches were earned on Saturday including jmurrayvt who drove down from Vermont. Our 4  Orange Hats who are very knowledgeable did a fine job on points of instruction, strikes and the verve of our history and heritage. A fine two days, Well Done.                 Photos post only two at a time  #)
Americans need to face the truth about themselves, no matter how pleasant it is.   Jeane Kirkpatrick

Mrs. Smith

Well done, Mass cadre!

You know, I generally prefer a shaded firing line. At 20° I do believe I'd make an exception  :cool2:
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Round Trip

Mansfield has cover, when it's 7 degrees at start, in the sun is fine.  One of the shooters showed up with his iced coffee, that's common around here.
Americans need to face the truth about themselves, no matter how pleasant it is.   Jeane Kirkpatrick

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: Round Trip on February 23, 2020, 04:35:40 PM
Mansfield has cover, when it's 7 degrees at start, in the sun is fine.  One of the shooters showed up with his iced coffee, that's common around here.

That's cuz y'all are  #)   ;D

One of these days I'll be up there when you have a shoot. I'd love to crash the party!
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Corvette

Looks like a great event.  Congrats on keeping our heritage alive in the state of our "birth" on April 19, 1775. Huzzah!

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!