News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Tallahassee, Florida AAR - Feb 1-2, 2020 Isaac Davis Range

Started by Engineer shooting, February 04, 2020, 01:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

New shooters, return shooter left with patch and Orange Hat, Trail Life the wonderful scouting group came. Great follow up to an RBC.
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Lucky Lori

What a great bunch .  The trail life group both kids & adults were a pleasure.  Congratulations Webb on achieving score, good job. Mike come on back, I am sure you will improve & achieve your patch.

Tennessee Beast

Webb certainly EARNED that patch.  He came with determination and said "today is the day."  That is the type of attitude that it took me to qualify the first time as well.  Huzzah! and congratulations on the Orange Hat!   

I enjoyed working with this group.  I took a few pictures.
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

worldwidewebb

Thanks againg to Engineer Shooter and Lucky Lori for hosting such an awesome shoot! A BIG thanks goes out to the awesome cadre that were there helping everyone out (Just Kim, Chuck, Master Chief and Timberwolf as well.)  ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. :F :snipersmi
1st Appleseed- Bunnell, FL- 27 APR 2019
Rifleman- IDMR, Tallahassee, FL- 02 FEB 2020
Orange Hat (IIT)- IDMR, Tallahassee, FL- 02 FEB 2020

"We fight not to enslave, but set a country free, and to make room upon the earth for honest men to live in."
                    -Thomas Paine "American Crisis"

KawGirl

PICTS...
@WEBB see RBC for orange hat pict.
KawGirl's Signature - - - - -                            
1st Appleseed  - 04/16/2016 - Clearwater, FL
O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

KawGirl

more picts..
O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    

KawGirl

more picts...
O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    

KawGirl

more picts....
O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    

KawGirl

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    

gunjunkie

Great follow up weekend to the RBC. Thanks Ken for bringing such fantastic group of kids, we love having them. Congratulations Web, you worked hard for that Hat, look forward seeing you at future shoots.

As always thanks Ken and Lori your great hosts and have an awesome range .
Be aware of yourself and everything around you.

Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom! Thomas Jefferson

We shall pass this way on earth but once, if there is a kindness we can show, or act we can do, let us do it now,for we will never pass this way again.
Stephen Grellet

JustKim

Enjoyed working with the Trail Life Boys and young men -- and Dads and Mom -- as always!  This is a great group and we look forward to seeing them again soon hopefully.  This was a great followup to the RBC - Congratulations Web on earning your Rifleman patch and orange hat!!  See you next month Mike -- Let's work on getting that patch!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

AdobeWalls

I was Line Boss for Sunday Feb 2, 2020. The Trail Life Scouts returned for more of the firehose. They were tired but I was fresh, poor them!
I've always been interested in something Jeff Cooper said on the range at Gunsite in 1977, "If you made a gun that was easy to shoot, practically anyone could shoot well." At the time, I thought he was talking about 1911 pistols, but I was thinking too narrowly.
I came to Appleseed because of Jeff Cooper's remark, above, since I began by simply setting up a rifle that would be easy for my daughter to shoot, and I've never looked back. I remain focused on teaching young people to shoot well - not so easy when very few rifles are set up for young people to get their eye behind the sight system. I fixed that with a Tapco stock on my rack-grade 10/22, thought I was done but I wasn't. These well-meaning dads buy rifles that are impossibly muzzle-heavy for their kids to shoot. So I'm making up a kid's rifle. I'm having the barrel shortened to 16in, crowned, and a TK compensator threaded on the muzzle. It has the fake recoil tube spaced filled with lead shot to balance the rifle - it can't get any handier than that under federal law restrictions. This is a rifle that any young shooter should be able to use in standing position, and that means usable in seated position, and that means they can shoot the AQT with no other accommodations. Maybe I'm dreaming, but these kids deserve a chance to succeed, and I will not deny it to them. I'll post a photo on this AAR when the ultimate kids rifle is complete. R
But you and all the kind of Christ are ignorant and brave,
And you have wars you hardly win, and souls you hardly save.
                            -- Chesterton, Ballad of the White Horse, 1911

The easy way is always mined.  -- Murphy's Law of Combat Infantry

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way.  -- Twain