News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Tallahassee, Florida RBC 2020 AAR - Jan 26-31, 2020, Isaac Davis Range

Started by Engineer shooting, February 03, 2020, 04:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

30 Instructors and students showed up.  All the students left with patches and shiny new Orange Hats.
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

B.C.

Good times again indeed at the IDMR. Join us next year!
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

Tennessee Beast

I want to thank everyone that had a part of making this week possible...especially Ken, Lori, Todd, and Joe.   I had a lot of fun and recommend it wholeheartedly to anyone interested in improving their marksmanship.  Additionally,  you'll make lifelong friends.  And you won't  have to worry about  food if you participate in the meal plan...they feed you well  (my clothes fit a little tighter).  I only took a couple of pics...too busy having fun :---
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Skanondo

Wanted to thank everyone again for a great time . The coaches and instructors were outstanding . Looking forward to coming to the next event . Thank you again for your hard work and dedication it is truly appreciated and does make a difference.
Mike from Boston

Marquis de M

Our gracious hosts, chef cooks and all instructors once again burned themselves indelibly into my memory.
Students demonstrated true grit and demonstrating qualities of outstanding future instructors.
Thank you to you all!
Regret to have missed the Daniel Morgan games and messed up during the Marquis de Lafayette competition, but will make sure to excel next time around  :cool2:
Hoozah!
---

The only disability in life is a bad attitude.

---

sleepy

elitegeek

Agreed, for the short time I was there, it was great. Awesome people, great location, excellent event.

Hopefully next year I can avoid the crud, and finish out the week. :)
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it."
                             -General H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Son of the American Revolution
      Pvt Sanford Carder, Virginia (b: 16 Sept, 1760 - d: 7 Aug 1845)
     Pvt Jacob Rose, New York (b: 21 April, 1761 - d: 20 Aug, 1839)

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

KawGirl

picts
KawGirl's Signature - - - - -                            
1st Appleseed  - 04/16/2016 - Clearwater, FL
O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

KawGirl

more picts
O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    

Tennessee Beast

I appreciate the pic of the scoreboard.  However, you have to squint really hard to see my scores on WED (245 at 25M and 42 at KD).  I tried my darndest to "shoot like a girl", but Kim is really good.  Look out next time, though.  I'll be practicing.   :---
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"

KawGirl

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Tennessee Beast

Quote from: PHenry on February 06, 2020, 04:59:03 PM
Hey! Ware's ole PHenry's scores! Are these only on KD?

Yours is the 12th from the bottom.  The black are 25M (3 digits).  The greenish blue are KD (2 digits).
John Lancaster Spalding

Benjamin Franklin, 1775

9mm4545

Words cannot express how bummed RG and I are at having to miss what looked to be an epic RBC. Unfortunately, we had to do some adulting and deal with a sick 90 year old mom. Things are better now and we are looking forward to getting back to warmer weather.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

Tennessee Beast

Quote from: 9mm4545 on February 06, 2020, 09:06:07 PM
Words cannot express how bummed RG and I are at having to miss what looked to be an epic RBC. Unfortunately, we had to do some adulting and deal with a sick 90 year old mom. Things are better now and we are looking forward to getting back to warmer weather.

Bruce and Janet,

We thought of you daily.
John Lancaster Spalding

Benjamin Franklin, 1775

JustKim

Yes, this was another great RBC!!  Anyone who has not attended - should make a point to do so!  I met some REALLY AWESOME people!  special thanks to Todd and Joe - and Ken and Lori for hosting such a great event!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

JustKim

ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

gunjunkie

A great week filled with history, the art of teaching and refinement of marksmanship. The best of times were had by all.
Thanks Ken and Lori for hosting such an outstanding event and Joe and Todd for all your hard work. This was indeed a week to remember.
Let's do again soon! 
Be aware of yourself and everything around you.

Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom! Thomas Jefferson

We shall pass this way on earth but once, if there is a kindness we can show, or act we can do, let us do it now,for we will never pass this way again.
Stephen Grellet