News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lapeer, MI Winterseed - Jan 25/26, 2020

Started by T. WOLF, January 28, 2020, 08:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T. WOLF

What a weekend!  I could not have asked for a better group of Shooters or Instructors to have with me for my Green Hat exam.  It was an honor working with all of you - an experience I'm sure I'll look back on fondly for years to come.  ;D  I hope I get the opportunity to Shootboss with each of you at a future event.

I want to thank everyone for giving up the comfort of their couches for the weekend to learn and grow as Americans.  You guys were attentive, engaged, and lots of fun to have on the firing line.  John Adams would be proud to know you made such good use of your freedoms. Rich - thank for stepping up and taking an Orange Hat! It's been impressive to watch you grow as a shooter and I look forward to watching you progress into an Instructor.

Congratulations to the shooters who earned their Winterseed patches.  Quite a few of you were 'knocking on the door' with scores of 200-209 - I hope I can be there when you earn those patches. Remember, a Rifleman persists!!  I was proud of everyone's commitment and skill progression over the weekend, especially the younger shooters (John - great job handling that bolt action!). If any of you are interested in continuing on the path toward Rifleman (and it's a goal that is within reach for all of you), the best advice I can give is to practice your transitions at home and get comfortable finding/adjusting your NPOA.  A laser pointer can do wonders for your marksmanship with just a few minutes of practice in your living room or basement each week. Hang on to those Guidebooks too - they're a handy reference!

Here is a link to a Google Photo Album with some pictures from our event (I'm sure more photos will be added by the other Instructors as well).  I picked out a few of my favorites here:

"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

Superheat

Yes, what a weekend!
Several Rifleman scores! Rick shot a 242 in the cold weather, nice job. 
Rich shot a 100 on stage 4 to earn his winterseed patch (pretty sure it was 222, his rifle was jamming on stages 2 and 3) and joined our instructor team. HUZZAH!  :~ :~ :~
Other Rifleman scores: Mary, Shawn and I'm probably forgetting someone.  Oh well, DOM disease.  #)
TWOLF earned his Green hat. Congratulation Sir.  Now get to work.  ~~:) 
It was so nice to see so many old friends and make new ones all the while having a full firing line in the winter.    ..:.. ..:.. ..:..

Is there a better way to celebrate LIBERTY in January....?  No there isn't.  Get yourself to a  WINTERSEED.  :F

I hope to see everyone again real soon.

Superheat.

:F

D.O.M.

What a wonderful weekend!  ^:)^

It was great to see everyone persevering through the elements and fatigue both days.

Alec; it was good to see your elbow under the rifle so often. For a first timer, you were great. I hope to see a pic of you holding a rifleman patch in the future!

Alex; you really stuck with it, and your scores showed it.

John; you really had nice form. As you grow, you'll have an easier time running that sweet bolt action. (I'm so jelly)

Max and Isaac; you guys were great as always. Good to see you again! Be sure and thank your dad for bringing you!

Thank you to all who attended, both new students and old.

I always enjoy spending time with good, squared away Americans. It renews and sustains my hope for the future of our country. Please tell your friends and relatives and bring them to the next event!

Rick "D.O.M." Gull
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

malabar

The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

ThreadNLead "TL"

Yes it was a great weekend! Thank you fellow instructors and students for coming out and celebrating freedom!  :F
The other posts above basically took everything I wanted to say lol
Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon!
I added my pics to the link that T. Wolf posted.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  - Benjamin Franklin
"Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood." -John Adams
Super Trooper, forever in my heart.
First Patch: (was a) KD 10/27/18
Winterseed Patch: 11/11/18
Orange Hat: 11/11/18
"InfernoSeed": 7/20/19
Red Hat: 4/18/21
KD: 11/26/23
Morgan's Shingle/Star (prone and standing): 11/26/23