News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

JANUARY 31 RALLY SANTA FE-RED FLAG LAWS and others..

Started by TaosGlock, January 11, 2020, 04:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaosGlock

Just in.....

Update from Stefani Lord, event coordinator:

The press conference at 9 is NOW LOCKED DOWN and NO OPEN CARRY.  it's for people speaking only.  There will be heavy security at the event and NO ISSUES.

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

TaosGlock

SB5 UPDATE ****NO GUNS ALLOWED TODAY IN THE COMMITTE MEETING AND IN THE GALLERY - THEY WILL BE CHECKING BACKPACKS AND WANDING PEOPLE. THEY HAVE HISTORICALLY ALWAYS ALLOWED US TO CARRY INTO THE COMMITTEE ROOMS. DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHY RED FLAG IS BAD? THESE IDIOTS ARE JUST CHOMPING AT THE BIT TO TURN US IN BECAUSE THEY ARE AFRAID OF THE SIGHT OF A GUN AND EVERYONE THAT CARRIES****
HB 5 is being heard today at 2:30 pm in room 321.
Here is a list of things to do if you are going to the Capital and for the majority of those who can't make it today, lets hit the phones and emails.
If you are going today and you have never been to the capitol:
Arrive EARLY! Moms are shipped in from all over to fill up the seats so we cant talk. Give yourself ample time to park as well. It snowed yesterday, and the sidewalks and parking lots are icy. The high will be in the '20s. Be careful and dress warmly.
When you enter the roundhouse, you are on the second floor. Go up one floor to find the Senate Judiciary Committee meeting.
No hats allowed in the committee meetings. Cell phones off. No videos or pictures. No clapping or making noise.
They are only going to allow a FEW people to speak. If you get picked, make sure you have a very clear, concise, 1-2 minute speech planned. But don't be surprised if they only allow 2-3 people to talk.
Moms come in BIG numbers - we need to be there in big numbers as well.
ALSO - if you have time before or after, there is a sheet you can sign in every person's office. I HIGHLY recommend you visit every one of their offices and tell them to VOTE NO ON SB 5! Remember - the secretaries DON'T represent the senators, so please be kind. If you are rude, I will find out about it.
Here are the offices:

The Office of Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham is located on the 4th floor of the New Mexico State Capitol in Room 400.
Phone: (505) 476-2200
Then we head downstairs to the 3rd floor:
Senator Bill B. O'Neill - (D)
Capitol Phone: (505) 986-4260
Capitol Room: 300D
Email: oneillsd13@billoneillfornm.com
Senator Daniel A. Ivey-Soto - (D)
Capitol Phone: (505) 986-4270
Capitol Room: 300B
Email: daniel.ivey-soto@nmlegis.gov
Senator Linda M. Lopez - (D)
Capitol Phone: (505) 986-4737
Capitol Room: 320
Email: linda.lopez@nmlegis.gov
Senator Richard C. Martinez - (D)
Capitol Phone: (505) 986-4487
Capitol Room: 319
Email: richard.martinez@nmlegis.gov
Joseph Cervantes - (D) - Committee Chair
Capitol Phone: (505) 986-4861
Capitol Room: 328B
Email: Joseph@cervanteslawnm.com
Then down to the basement to see:
Senator Peter Wirth - (D) - Majority Floor Leader
Capitol Phone: (505) 986-4727
Capitol Room: 119
Email: peter.wirth@nmlegis.gov
Senator Mimi Stewart - (D) - Majority Whip
Capitol Phone: (505) 986-4726
Capitol Room: 120
Email: mimi.stewart@nmlegis.gov
Everyone else lets hit the phones and emails again today! Emails and phone numbers listed above for who we need to contact today. Remember to keep it short and straightforward.
"My name is ____ and my zip code is___ and I am a resident of New Mexico. I want ____ to vote NO on SB5."
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.

TaosGlock

****THEY SILENCED OUR VOICE AT THE ROUNDHOUSE***

Sen. Joe Cervantes had put out a sign-in sheet at noon, took three names, then took down the sign up sheet. If you were NOT there by noon, you CANT speak. They have SILENCED your voice!!!!! What kind of BS is this???? Also, the new SB5 ithe same bill was changed at the last minute and is not available  to see! Its NOT on twitter, not online, it's not anywhere!
The moms groups are quite abundant. No word on when the bill will get passed now.
Capitol Room: 328B

Capitol Phone: (505) 986-4861

TaosGlock

So - the committee meeting has NOT started yet.   The senators are still on the Senate floor.  The new Red Flag Bill is still not online or on twitter.  As soon as they finish with the floor, the are allowed 30 min to start committee.  It's a good thing actually.  **UPDATE** Looks like 5pm now.

TaosGlock

Senate bill 5 hearing today was a total crap show !! Passed 6-5.
A amended bill was kept secret and dropped several hours late ! Nobody had a chance to review it ! Testimony was restricted! The room was filled with citizens who oppose this back door gun grab !! Yet they passed it out of judiciary on a party line vote (dem) ... so the next battle will be when the bill goes to the floor for a full senate vote ! Join us this Saturday for one last rally to put pressure on our senators to vote NO !! We can still beat this.
Good news is we flipped one dem so there is still hope :~

TaosGlock

Update on what they added in the SB5 bill at the last minute.
From Stephani Lord of Pro GunWomen NM.
I broke down the new 5.5 version of SB 5 that they passed in committee with ALL this new stuff in it. I'm not perfect, so if you see something I missed or didn't get right, please let me know. Thank you.

Pro-Gun Women attempts to break down this new Red Flag Bill and hopefully make it understandable.

Section 2. Definitions of who can file a Red Flag

D. Law enforcement ("Petitioners" that can file for a Red Flag Order) now means police, Sheriff, New Mexico state police, a district attorney, the attorney general.

H. Reporting Party (formerly "Petitioner") is spouse, ex-spouse, parent, current and former step-parent, present or former inlaws, grandparents including inlaws, baby momma or daddy, child, a person you had a "relationship with" (whatever that means), and they ADDED your employer AND a school principle.

So don't make your boss mad! And you better FEAR your crazy ex now! However, we can Red Flag EVERY POLITICIAN since we are their boss.

Section 4. Red Flag Orders

The Red Flag is filed in the county the accuser lives in. So, if you live in Gallup and the accuser lives in Tucumcari, too bad. You still have to drive yourself out there in 10 days to defend your rights.

Section 5. Petition for Red Flag

D. Law Enforcement shall file a petition for a Red Flag Order upon receipt of "credible" information that gives the officer probable cause.

Let's stop here.

"Probable cause is a level of reasonable belief, based on facts that can be articulated, that is required to sue a person in civil court or to arrest and prosecute a person in criminal court. Before a person can be sued or arrested and prosecuted, the civil plaintiff or police and prosecutor must possess enough facts that would lead a reasonable person to believe that the claim or charge is true. The probable cause standard is more important in Criminal Law than it is in Civil Law because it is used in criminal law as a basis for searching and arresting persons and depriving them of their liberty." (1)

In the original ex-parte Temporary Order Proceeding, the judge does not necessarily get to hear facts - it is literally one person's side of the story without hard evidence. There is no certainty that facts are indeed facts before the guns are taken. Unlike a criminal case - hard evidence and an investigation are not needed for a Red Flag Temporary Order or in the hearing. The Petitioner makes up his or her mind and decides (like judge and jury) if they think the Reporting Party is honest or not and that a crime (or harm to self) may be committed in the future. The Petitioner then sends his or her "opinion" to the judge who makes an ex-parte decision without EVER hearing from the accused. They only hear the side of the accusers before the guns are taken, which violates due process.

The problem with this Red Flag Bill is it is not civil; it is not criminal; it is tyranny.

Criminal "[p]robable cause exists where the facts and circumstances within the officers' knowledge, and of which they have reasonably trustworthy information, are sufficient in themselves to warrant a belief by a man of reasonable caution that a crime is being committed." (2) There is no probable cause of a crime committed with the Red Flag Order; instead, the Petitioner has to assume that the Respondent "might" commit a crime in the future, just like the thought police in Minority Report.

D. Continued - probable cause to believe that a person is a significant danger of causing imminent personal injury of self or others. (This is very important as you will see later.)

F. A petition for a Red Flag must be signed under oath. Have you ever known someone to lie under oath? Ya, me too.

Section 6. Red Flag Proceedings - EXPARTE

A. So, now that a Reporting Party or a Partitioner has filed the report, that report goes to a judge. Guess who is NOT there to defend themselves? The accused. The accused has no idea this is even happening at this point. The judge looks at "probable cause" and then decides to issue the order.

Now, let's be real here. What judge in the WORLD is NOT going to push this forward? You want to be the judge that denied an order, and someone actually did do something? No. You will be like the judges in Florida that 90% of the time rubber stamp these Red Flags.

C. Guess when you do get to go to trial? Ten days after your guns are taken.

Now, this is SUPER important. This is civil; you do NOT NOT NOT get a public defender. NO attorney is appointed to you if you can't afford one. And how much will an attorney cost you? Remember, this is NOT to get your guns back. This hearing is to RESTORE YOUR SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS! You can NEVER own a firearm again until you defend yourself in court. You MUST have an attorney to protect yourself. And how much will that cost you?

Initial Hearing: $15,000

Appeal: $100,000

Hearing in One Year to Restore Rights: $25,000

Trail costs where give over the phone by Donald Kilmer. Mr. Kilmer is a lawyer and an Adjunct Professor at Lincoln University Law School since 2001. He Teaches:

• Constitutional Law I & II

Constitutional Adjudication
Firearms Law - Constitution, Statutes, Regulations
Attorney Kilmer also testified as a witness and was a contributor to the Judicial Council's Domestic Violence Practice and Procedure Task Force

He has won numerous cases in the Ninth Circuit Court
Here is the break down of the cost to restore your Second Amendment Rights:

Continuance - since no one is ready for a trail in 14 days
Subpoena of Witnesses
Depositions of those that know the accused and the accuser
Hiring a Private Investigator
Medical Expert is $5,000 and up
Section 7. Hearing on the Petition (this is the actual hearing 10 days later)

These are the things the court might look at during the hearing:

C. The Respondent's mental health history.

How are they getting your mental health history? Will the LEO violate HIPPA and have access to it? And what if you are a VET with PTSD? Does this make you automatically guilty?

D. The respondent's abuse of controlled substances.

Does this include medical marijuana since its still a controlled substance on a federal level?

G. The respondent's criminal history like....do they have a Felony? Uh, hello, felons CANT have guns already. Just wow.

Section 8. Hearing for a One-Year Continuance

Remember, this hearing is not only to get your rights back, but if you don't fight? They will issue this order for one full year.

A. The hearing is again based on probable cause, not hard evidence or investigations. You have no attorney, and you WILL need one, and you WILL have to pay for it yourself.

D. You have the right to appeal. Guess how much that will cost you in legal fees? $100,000 in the court of appeals.

E. One month before the year being up, the Petitioner or Reporting Party can file ANOTHER petition, and guess what? You get to go to trial again. And how much that will cost you in attorney fees?? $25,000.

Section 10. Relinquishment of Firearms

A. Are you ready for this new amendment? Remember, I said that there is supposed to be "probable cause to believe that a person is a significant danger of causing imminent personal injury of self or others" to issue the Red Flag? Well, guess what? (And on a personal level, I do NOT want the democrats to amend this portion at all. It shows the bill for what it is - a gun grab.)

Instead of the Sheriff serving the order and taking the guns like in all previous RF bills, the Respondent now has TWO DAYS to surrender the guns!

But wait, I thought the entire purpose of the EMERGENCY RED FLAG PROTECTION ORDER was to do something NOW and to save lives by taking the guns away? That's what the anti-gunners have been PUSHING for the past year - to "save just one life." Now it's not important? Am I taking crazy pills because this was the point of this entire unconstitutional bill from the start; assume you are guilty, take your stuff NOW, and then later you can have a quasi trail.

** The anti-gunners showed themselves to LIARS about this bill. Its been a SHAM the entire time! They don't want to "save one life" they just want to take "one gun at a time" from the American People. **

Section 11. Penalties

Btw, if you get busted with a gun while the order is in effect, its a misdemeanor.

Section 12. Reporting to NIC system

A. Guess what happens if you are falsely accused, or you get your rights restored? You get to hire ANOTHER attorney in a federal case to get your name cleared in the NIC system. And then guess what? Read on....

Section 13. Firearms Returned

C. BEFORE you get your firearms back, you MUST pass a background check. Guess what? If you didn't get your name cleared in the system? You DONT get your guns back. Back to paying for an attorney.

Section 14 - They ADDED a Liability Section

I am no Tort Law Attorney, and I will need help with this section

41-4-12 Liability LEOS

The immunity granted in subsection A of section 41-4-4 of NMSA 1978 does not apply to liability for personal injury, etc.. and underlined is "failure to comply with duties established pursuant to statue or law" to deprive a person of rights, etc.

Section 15. Maximum Liability

Liability shall not exceed:

200,000 for damage to property
1,000.000 for medical bills
1,000,000 other things
2,000,000 max total liability per claim
I don't know if this means you can sue the police if they do any of the following while serving you the order? But what I would RATHER see is $2,000,000 awarded for FALSE accusations by Petitioners and/or Reporting Party.

(1) https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Probable+Cause

(2) https://wolflawcolorado.com/difference-between-probable-cause-and-reasonable-suspicion/

http://progunwomen.org/red-flag-bill-version-5-5/

TaosGlock

SB5 passed, it now goes to the House where it is predicted to pass and then be signed by Governor Grisham.   !@#)

TaosGlock

These are the 22 Senators that voted for Red Flag.
The BIGGEST traitor on this list is Munoz from Cibola County.  Their Sheriff is Tony Mace and Munoz KNOWS FOR A FACT his constituents did NOT want this Red Flag bill; he went against them anyway.
I thought Sapien might have some common sense, turns out he's another lemming, as is Campos.

George Munoz (505) 986-4371 senatormunoz@gmail.com
John Sapien (505) 986-4301 john.sapien@nmlegis.gov
Pete Campos (505) 986-4311 pete.campos@nmlegis.gov
Liz Stefanics (505) 986-4373 liz.stefanics@nmlegis.gov
Bill Tallman (505) 986-4373 bill.tallman@nmlegis.gov
Bobby Gonzales (505) 986-4362 roberto.gonzales@nmlegis.gov
Mary Kay Papen (505) 986-4733 marykay.papen@nmlegis.gov
Shannon Pinto (505) 986-4835 shannon.pinto@nmlegis.gov
Benny Shendo (505) 986-4310 benny.shendo@nmlegis.gov
Joe Cervantes (505) 986-4861 Joseph@cervanteslawnm.com
Michael Padilla (505) 986-4267 michael.padilla@nmlegis.gov
Jacob Candelaria (505) 986-4380 jacob.candelaria@nmlegis.gov
Linda Lopez (505) 986-4737 linda.lopez@nmlegis.gov
Gerry Ortiz y Pino (505) 986-4482 jortizyp@msn.com
Bill Soules (505) 986-4834 bill.soules@nmlegis.gov
Mimi Stewart (505) 986-4726 mimi.stewart@nmlegis.gov
Peter Wirth (505) 986-4727 peter.wirth@nmlegis.gov
Jeff Steinborn (505) 986-4862 jeff.steinborn@nmlegis.gov
Antoinette Sedillo Lopez (505) 986-4389 a.sedillolopez@nmlegis.gov
Nancy Rodriguez (505) 986-4264 nancy.rodriguez@nmlegis.gov
Bill O'Neill (505) 986-4260 oneillsd13@billoneillfornm.com
Daniel Ivey-Soto (505) 986-4270 daniel.ivey-soto@nmlegis.gov